For The Old Brits

USVirgin

I saw this today and I honestly don't remember the group or song. I wasn't into Motown either, though, so no surprise there.

I was gonna post this film and ask where it was filmed, but google tells me it's Tintern Abbey in South Wales.

It's such an interesting song and production, I thought I'd share it anyway.

vxmoEHp2nbo

If my memory serves me right the Flirtations formed in New York City but never made it big in the States so relocated to the UK in 1968 and became quite famous within the Northern Soul scene.

Forty Years on and this song is still being covered.

v_ggnzGGAuU

PS I am not THAT old but nine years younger than my eldest sister so quite a bit of Northern Soul being played at home in the late 60's early 70's.

Thanks. I'm not quite that old either. In 1969 I was in the 5th grade and listening to top 40 radio, but was more interested in the White Album and anything by the Stones or Zappa, of whatever vintage. That's the great thing about having older siblings or those of friends - they mature you a lot faster. A few of my friends at that age were already smoking pot, behind my back. LOL

In 1969 I was only five years old, circa 72-73 when I was 8-9 years old my eldest sister used to hand out with "the bikers" and I was adopted as the young mascot and was taken to see Floyd,Zepplin,Hawkwind, Sabbath, Purple etc, it was the other Sister into Northern Soul.

It made me laugh in the UK in the late 80's when the "Acid House" and then the Madchester scene kicked in, did the kids then not realise that their parents were going to all nighters and getting off their heads on drugs before they were born, in many cases probably the reason they were concieved.

Time to download The Commitments for an afternoons entertainment.

Hehehe...saw this today as well. About the same time frame, but right in Los Angeles. Topanga Beach was a bastion of freedom (ironically) when it was secluded from the public by private homes. The State took the land and made a park out of it - now you don't see this kind of thing anymore. I think our kids would only be jealous that our generation took these sort of privileges away from them.

00090014.jpg

I was trippin on some of these pics from ??-1980

Archived