Moscow metro station blasts kill at least 34

Mentors

I think it is very important to know the difference between Muslims and Islamists. Rather then just a religion Islamists say that Islam is not only a religion but also a political system; that modern Muslims must return to their roots of their religion, and unite politically. This is indeed very similar to both fundamentalist Christianity and strict Orthodox Judaism. In all cases it is mostly caused by alienation from modern society.

TH

Or are afraid to open their mouths.

Why Quran is not from God:

<< Muhammad produced no miracles and when pressed he claimed that his miracle is the Quran. Yet a cursory look at the Quran reveals that this book is full of errors. Quran is replete with scientific heresies, historic blunders, mathematical mistakes, logical absurdities, grammatical errors and ethical fallacies. It is badly compiled and it contradicts itself. There is nothing intelligent in this book let alone miraculous. [color:red]Muhammad challenged people to produce a “Surah like it†or find an error therein, yet Muslims would kill anyone who dares to criticize it.[/color] In such a climate of hypocrisy and violence truth is the first casualty. >>

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/

Who we are:

We are ex-Muslims. Some of us were born and raised in Islam and some of us had converted to Islam at some moment in our lives. We were taught never to question the truth of Islam and to believe in Allah and his messenger with blind faith. We were told that Allah would forgive all sins but the sin of disbelief (Quran 4:48 and 4:116). But we committed the ultimate sin of thinking and questioned the belief that was imposed on us and we came to realize that far from being a religion of truth, Islam is a hoax, it is hallucination of a sick mind and nothing but lies and deceits.

What we believe:

Some of us have embraced other religions but most of us have simply left Islam without believing in any other religion. We believe in humanity. We believe that humans do not need to follow a religion to be good. All we need to follow is the Golden Rule. All we have to do is to treat others the way we expect to be treated. This is the essence of all the goodness. All good religious teachings stem from this eternal principle. This is the ultimate guidance humanity need. This is the Golden Rule.

It is worth mentioning that Islam is the one religion that doesn't have the Golden Rule, which for Jews and Christians is best expressed as "do unto others as you would have done unto you".

What? Christianity is one of the most violent, if not most violent religion on the face of the Earth. [color:red]Are you telling me that Christians want their asses kicked?[/color]

If you want to dissuade a Christian from violence, you can try quoting the Bible at him "Do unto others...". I agree they are not likely to "turn the other cheek" though. But if you try to stop a violent Muslim, you have no such resource. The Koran does not have the Golden Rule.

Muslims vary a bunch! Look at how they dress in Malaysia compared to Saudi Arabia.

Looks at the differences and fighting of the Muslims in Iraq....not that Xtians are any better in some regards.

The most reasonable Muslims I have found to be in Malaysia, but they are still a bit to into it for me... :soapbox:

Archived