Tamer nightlife / non-punter bar recommendations?

tanoshikattades

Hi all - I'm coming back to Thailand with 33 of my closest friends (actually, regional colleagues from work). While this forum has been brilliant in helping me find my way for P4P fun on previous visits (and I can give good recommendations to the men in the group) we will have a lot of Japanese, Korean and Chinese women in this group - so I'm after some recommendations of good bars / nightlife where I can take a group of non-punters.

We are staying in the Conrad Hilton (Nana area) and the Conrad has a decent bar in the basement, but if we can get some recommendations for other bars/areas in the vicinity I'd really appreciate it. And if there is any appropriate bar-owner who'd like to give us a good incentive to visit I'd be happy to hear from them too. 30 or so people looking for a good time (admittedly some of the men may go off on alternative missions)...

Speaking of 33, so is The Londoner. Many years ago, I went to Rivas downstairs at the Sheraton with such a group. Despite the FLs, who wouldn't be noticed by the untrained eye, it was an appropriate place where people could dance and whatnot. I have no idea what it's like now.

Bully's might do the trick, close, and good drinks/pool/darts etc - thanks.

Rivas sounds a bit more upmarket, could be good, thanks.

Thai360 meetings - pretty sure I'd enjoy one of those (and I will be there on a Friday...) but not sure my female colleagues would survive meeting you lot :-)

You could try The Huntsman bar (the basement of Landmark Hotel). Its comfortable, has live music and the food is good if you want to eat there.

I'd hate to think what the bar bill would come to with 33 Koreans, Japanese and Chinese drinking there for one night.

If you want a "Team Building" type of get together you cannot go far wrong with Sunday Brunch at Trader Vics

There are some good new bars/restos at the Sukhomvit end of soi Ruam rudee (the soi behind the Conrad, ie. not Wireless road). They are on the left hand side as you approach Sukhomvit. They are not the ones in the Witch bar parking lot, but further on, closer to Sukhomvit. They are packed with Thai professionals (not bargirls/freelancers) and some good looking ones at that! Looks like a very good couple of bars to take your friends to, yet still enjoy both lots of eye candy and a short walk back to the hotel ;)

Archived