Raid in Pattaya, any thoughts?

vic2244

Well, read this on another forum,

Raid on 'sex party'

02.04.2002 6.25 am

Twenty-two people, including a New Zealander, have been detained after a raid on a "sex party" at a villa in the Thai resort town of Pattaya.

They included 10 foreign men and 12 Thai women. A tourist police spokesman said the purpose of the party "was for sex".

"When we entered the house we saw some couples kissing and hugging. They looked intoxicated. They didn't seem to care about us."

The men, aged 24 to 49, have been charged with consuming drugs including cocaine and Ecstasy.

The spokesman said the party-goers tried to bribe the police officers but instead found themselves having to provide urine samples, and were refused bail.

The men included five Britons, one German, one Dutchman and one Dane besides the New Zealander and the Australian who was hosting the party.

They face a maximum of one year in prison for drug use but Thai courts generally impose small fines and order the deportation of foreigners for the offence.

Pattaya, a popular beach resort, is 110km southeast of Bangkok.

Any thoughts?

I posted something on asfo about this yesterday. I'm not sure where you read it.

Did you see the photos in The Nation? They had two of handcuffed farangs who faced visa revocation and deportation. They were smiling and giving the 'thumbs-up' sign. The third had three Thai ladies who didn't look bad, but interestingly had blacked-out eyes in the photo. Why not the farangs?

Anyway, I have been invited toparties like these in Pattaya and avoided them mostly because of the drugs present (there were drugs at this one too). I think they are fairly commonplace, and one asfoer in Pattaya made the excellent observation that is because of the 2am crackdown there. Before the cops knew where all the action was. Now, with all the private sex parties which have sprung up, they don't know and have to case out a place for months, like this one.

There is stuff about this on the "Pattaya shooting " thread . All I can say is it is great to see that the only Ozzie is the host!! Ha Ha , leading the way in debauchery!

Archived