Transferring music from a CD to a memory card

TroyinEwa/Perv

Hi!

The version should show up if you click the about item in the help menu. If you are running Windows XP the card should show up as a removable disc. Files can then be transfered to and from the card like any other disc.

If you have problems ripping with Media Player you could try "cdex" (free) available from "www.sourceforge.net" I haven't used it myself but it is highly recommended.

regards

ALHOLK

I didn't see this question asked so apologies right now if I'm being dimmer than I usually am.

You mentioned wanting to transfer music from CD's to a memory card.

Are these CD's music CD's or CD's with music in mp3 format?

To get them to play on the phone the tunes will need to be mp3 or an equivalent that the Nokia recognises. I don't think it will play files copied off of an audio CD. As doxx said you need to 'rip' the content from the CD into a format the phone can play. To rip in this context being the conversion process.

Er, scuse if you already got beyond that.

Cheers

MP3 format.

I got to a computer that had Windows Media Player 10, well advanced beyond my version. I saw the 'rip' function and attempted it. It only says to insert a CD and choose the music I want to transfer. Well.....the CD is in the drive but it is not appearing as a list. I refresh, remove and reinstall the disk to no avail. It will play the music but will not let me 'rip' it. I give up.

btw.....I read the article but it's no help. The options are not the same. All..........thanks for the help and replies. I'll keep playing with it and maybe by accident it'll work.

With the CD in the drive open Windows Explorer and browse to the CD drive. See all the files on the CD in the right hand pane. With Media player open and on the rip screen select the files you want in Explorer then drag and drop into the list pane in the media player rip window.

Archived