Transferring music from a CD to a memory card

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'll admit, I'm a dimwit. Especially when it comes to this kind of stuff. I want to transfer music from CD's to a memory card for a phone using this laptop. I do what I think is right and nothing happens.

Anybody out there able to guide me through this sophisticated process?

I have Windows Media Player for XP installed, I have a USB Multicard Reader to put the memory card in. Don't laugh at the outdated stuff, please. It's what I have to work with. Is it possible?

Easiest way using built-in tools on a Windows machine, is to open windows media player with the cd inserted to the pc. There is a menu option to "rip" the content. Use that option to copy cd to harddrive. From there yo can copy to alt. media.

I don't know much, as I said but why would the phone model matter? I am taking the mem card out of it and putting it in a device connected to the computer. But for info's sake, the card will go into a Nokia E71. The folder it will look for is My Music.

Tried what was suggested yesterday and it didn't work. I'll keep playing with it.

... because different phones may have a different directory layout! You should format the SD on the phone first.

I found this with Google. ;)

If you transfer your music via "Mass Storage" mode your then need to Open "Music Player" on your phone sleect "Options" and the select "Refresh". The phone will then find your music 1 track at a time. When it has finished you will see all your music appear in Music Player.

Link

When I click on About Media Player, it says it's Windows Media Player for XP. Doesn't give a version, ie, 6 or 7.1.

Yes, it recognizes the card. I can listen to music and see the videos on the card but can't seem to reverse it and transfer data to the card.

There is no "rip" function. I can click on Copy from CD but it doesn't bring up the music on the CD to let me click on what songs I want to transfer.

Thanks for the link too. Again, I'll keep playing with it although I just bought my quota of 2 Leo beers so all may be lost now. :)

Archived