Abhisit became the PM that introduce/approved the land/property tax law!

WorldFun

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget the Farm Debt Relief project, which spends over 1 Billion Dollars to help reduce farmers' debts.

These policies are rather better thought out than the tactics of 'give every village a million Baht' which Thaksin bought his popularity with.

The idea that Thaksin truly cares for the poor is a massive con-trick.

Unfortunately, villagers believe it.

I asked an Isaan girl a week ago what she thought about Abhisit, and she said she used to like him, but didn't any more since he had fled the country.

She insisted that he had not been seen in public because he had flown off to another country.

She believed this absolutely. I have seen no allegations or rumours of this in any English-language press.

Another girl said she hated Thaksin because he had a plan to make all Thai people switch to the Islam faith.

Her village headman had said so.

If there was an English translation of the Red Radio stations, you would be shocked by the lies they put out.

About a year ago, I listened to a speech by someone who said that Thaksin wanted to use Sweden as a model for Thailand's agricultural policy, because they have a successful rice-growing industry.

Whatever policies Abhisit can bring in, he will have a very hard time communicating this to the rural Thaksin supporters.

Unfortunately, villagers believe it.

I asked an Isaan girl a week ago what she thought about Abhisit, and she said she used to like him, but didn't any more since he had fled the country.

She insisted that he had not been seen in public because he had flown off to another country.

She believed this absolutely. I have seen no allegations or rumours of this in any English-language press.

Another girl said she hated Thaksin because he had a plan to make all Thai people switch to the Islam faith.

Her village headman had said so.

If there was an English translation of the Red Radio stations, you would be shocked by the lies they put out.

About a year ago, I listened to a speech by someone who said that Thaksin wanted to use Sweden as a model for Thailand's agricultural policy, because they have a successful rice-growing industry.

Whatever policies Abhisit can bring in, he will have a very hard time communicating this to the rural Thaksin supporters.

Well, you have a whole bunch of Americans who believe Obama is a muslim who was not born in the USA with a secret agenda of making USA a communist republic...

A good way to truly see this is to talk to someone from Khon Kaen, where the local faction remains 100% behind Thaksin and then go to Sa Kaeo, where Sanoh split with Thaksin some time ago, and though he refuses to join the Democrat coalition has remained silent through all this, except to volunteer to be PM in a unity government (why as nobody figured how to do an irony icon?).

The difference in perception of what is going on is amazing. One thinks this is about FREEEDOM, the other a its a bunch of paid troublemakers.

TH

Archived