Govt claims plot targets King

Flashermac

Flash, I'd better not start as I'd go on all day and loose my cool! but just say it makes me mad when I think how Blair, Brown their cronies and the current Labour government have spent the last 13 years totally fucking up Britain and destroying the last vestiges of the country I grew up in :cussing:

Simie.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the original topic.

The government's statements regarding the plan seem credible to me. The message is consistent with what is written in "The King Never Smiles", which IMHO, is quite good, perhaps the best book on the subject.

A lot of Thais I speak with are middle-class and non-red, all say that the Reds, especially Thaksin, are against the monarchy and have been saying this from the start.

No, I don't believe the government is putting forth a red-herring.

Flash, I'd better not start as I'd go on all day and loose my cool! but just say it makes me mad when I think how Blair, Brown their cronies and the current Labour government have spent the last 13 years totally fucking up Britain and destroying the last vestiges of the country I grew up in :cussing:

Simie.

Many Americans (including me) think the US government has fucked up the US in the same way in the last few years, manipulating the minds of most Americans. The admiration in the US of Blair is non-existent. Those stupid enough to admire him are the brainwashed masses, but most of them don't remember who he is anyway.

Sounds to me its just a means to turn public opinion on the reds even more (not that I mind). I doubt there is anything substantial besides a collage of fragments they've constructed into a "plot". Isn't it a standard tool of Thai politics to accuse the adversary of Les majeste?

Hi,

I think it was very good strategic & tactical move by the PM, to say that the RS, have a two game plan to bring both the Monarch & PM down together. Recently they were posters showing TS, as the president of Republic, which was prelude before they said the RS was also targeting to bring the Monarch down.

This move will help him when an all out battle opens, where the PM can tell that he has no options, as RS, were looking to overthrow the Crown, were majority of Thais, hold the crown in very high esteem, and would go to any length to save the King.

Looks like PM has pretty good advisers, making the right moves before hell breaks lose on the streets, TS could be wrong side, having no clue how to make his next move and he never thought that in whole game plan about the Kingdom.

cheers

Lp i campaigned hard to get rid of the queen. No luck so i left. Interesting the key to failure was not pro monarchy won. But the fake anti monarchy movement claimed that republicans had a bad form of government planned. Howard is one of australia's most brilliant political strategiest.

Yes, it is a standard tool of most of the Thai politicians. Many innocents get caught up in it.

But given the history between Thaksin and "others", it is most likely true.

If you haven't yet read the book, you should as it is very informative. I've heard from some credible Thai sources that the book is accurate.

IMHO, I don't think overthrowing the monarchy is the prime motive of the leaders. Getting back the power is. The monarchy is a secondary motive for some, but not necessarily all of the leaders.

Archived