Weng: Reds must back Puea Thai

Flashermac

Bangkok Post

5 May 2010

The mission of the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) has not yet completed, as it has to support Puea Thai Party to win the next election, UDD co-leader Weng Tochirakarn said.

“The government will dissolve House of Representatives as called for by red-shirts, but that’s not a real success. We will still have to continue joining force to support the opposition Puea Thai Party to gain a landslide win at the upcoming pollsâ€Â, Mr Weng said on Wednesday.

[color:red]The UDD core leader said red-shirts must back the opposition camp to win at least 300 seats of constituency MP and more than 70 party list MPs to enable it to form a one-party government, he added.[/color] :susel:

But the red-shirts must also make sure that Puea Thai Party will include a plan to reinstate the 1997 constitution in its policy, he stated.

Rink

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much like USA Republicans, the reds have no interest in working with their fellow citizens to make their country a better place. This is simply a football match for them, where the only goal is to win at all costs.

Why am I not surprised?

So much like USA Republicans, the reds have no interest in working with their fellow citizens to make their country a better place. This is simply a football match for them, where the only goal is to win at all costs.

Why am I not surprised?

What in the OP article leads you to make such comment?

...and what have the Yellow Shirts done for LOS?

-Sky train is completed? NO

- free water, NO, given by Samak, taken away by Abhist

- school improved, NO

- 30 Baht medical, attempted to be taken away.

Just a few things that make a big difference to the average person in LOS but taken away or nothing done by Abhist!

Now, will the next bunch (Red Shirts?) do better...hmmmmm, remains to be seen...

Because he is simply pointing to a party and saying you must elect them. No mention of other qualified folks in other parties, nor instructions to figure out what issues matter to the voter and vote accordingly. No multi-partisanship at all (which is the essence of democracy). Just "pick this team!" As I said, just like a football match. Very simple, really.

...and what have the Yellow Shirts done for LOS?

-Sky train is completed? NO

- free water, NO, given by Samak, taken away by Abhist

- school improved, NO

- 30 Baht medical, attempted to be taken away.

Just a few things that make a big difference to the average person in LOS but taken away or nothing done by Abhist!

Now, will the next bunch (Red Shirts?) do better...hmmmmm, remains to be seen...

Bullshit.

School improved? YES: free to all now.

B30 Healthcare? Trying to make it sustainable, as opposed to the mess Thakky created.

Created a B500/mo pension for the old folks.

More than Thaksin did really.

Hello...school is NOT free! Talk with someone who has children in school!! (Flash, pls rule on this, T.).

I pay for one's school and it is NOT at all free!!!

They tired to REMOVE the 30B healthcars, remember?

Pension? for everyone, NO!!

The BTS and Subway was COMPLETED under Takin as well as the airport...the BTS expansion has lingered how many YEARS no???

Weren't most of Thaksin's projects designed so that he and his friends could earn a lot of money?

The low-cost housing... what a joke... HuGE profit by his friends

computers for schools which had no electricity..

The airport... HUGE corruption

etc etc

He did everything for his OWN (and his cronies') BENEFIT

...but the country moved ahead with the new airport, BTS, Subway, etc.

Things were well organized...such as the "fees" required to work on the new airport (yes, this is true and I am being sarcastic).

No matter, what politician has done the most good for LOS or anywhere else in modern times?

The buzz in the local LOS hood is that Abhist sat on his azz and never did anything for the LOS common folk :dunno:

If they (the gov of LOS) really wanted to improve life for the LOS common person, they may want to start with a proper education for all...but they do not want to do that, have educated people that can not be fooled? not in my lifetime! IMO.

We live in different hoods of the LOS.

Where I'm at, it's almost universally believed that Abhisit is genuinely a nice guy and a good person with great intentions but he has been hampered in doing his job by the lousy political system.... he's surrounded by bad people. He's had to make deals with them.

Most despise Thaksin as being one of the biggest crooks in history and using poor folk as paid pawns. Everything Thaksin did, he did to exand his influence and his wealth.

Now they're extremely upset at Abhisit for giving in to terrorists. They are appalled that Abhisit tied the hands of the military in responding to the assassinations of the soldiers on April 10 and then at Vibhavadi (sp?). They think that the Reds should be forcibly disbursed. They also believe Thaksin is anti-monarchy, and that the Reds, by following him, are the same.

Of course, not everyone here has that opinion, but everyone that has initiated this type of discussion with me, has this attitude. (I do not start these types of discussions with locals. Ever.)

Archived