Weng: Reds must back Puea Thai

Flashermac

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke with the wife about what has happened with regard to the school fees, in practical terms.

In our hood, now the government gives some subsidies for school supplies and the like, but we still need to pay for some other school fees. It's still quite substantial, about 20,000 per year for a high school student. For the junior high school student, about 5,000 per year. But these 2 schools are probably the best government schools in the province and the children are signed up for extra schooling, such as additional English classes.

HOWEVER, she said if you're poor, the school is entirely free. She said in that case, you need to ask the school for 'help' directly.

Don't know if this is the same for other areas, though.

Fun to see people on here still defend the red shirts and Thaksin. I didn't think it possible after all that has happened. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt so I'm not gonna call you 'duped by bargirls' just yet :)

I hope you aren't including me in that doxx. I'm strictly neutral. Haven't had anything to do with bar girls for years but I do enjoy the way Thais handle things. It's much more interesting than Western politics. And the media's attempts to influence events are hilarious. ;)

Hello...school is NOT free! Talk with someone who has children in school!! (Flash, pls rule on this, T.).

I pay for one's school and it is NOT at all free!!!

They tired to REMOVE the 30B healthcars, remember?

Pension? for everyone, NO!!

The BTS and Subway was COMPLETED under Takin as well as the airport...the BTS expansion has lingered how many YEARS no???

Cavanami you lost the plot completely.

BTS was completed and opened on December 5th 1999 under Chuan Leekpai.

For years the TRT refused to finance skytrain extensions in Bangkok because Bangkok ha(d/s) a democrat governor. After that the Democrat governor paid for the current skytrain extensions with BMA money!! And even that the TRT tried to block in parliament.

But never let a rant stand in the way of facts!

We live in different hoods of the LOS.

Where I'm at, it's almost universally believed that Abhisit is genuinely a nice guy and a good person with great intentions but he has been hampered in doing his job by the lousy political system.... he's surrounded by bad people. He's had to make deals with them.

Most despise Thaksin as being one of the biggest crooks in history and using poor folk as paid pawns. Everything Thaksin did, he did to exand his influence and his wealth.

Now they're extremely upset at Abhisit for giving in to terrorists. They are appalled that Abhisit tied the hands of the military in responding to the assassinations of the soldiers on April 10 and then at Vibhavadi (sp?). They think that the Reds should be forcibly disbursed. They also believe Thaksin is anti-monarchy, and that the Reds, by following him, are the same.

Of course, not everyone here has that opinion, but everyone that has initiated this type of discussion with me, has this attitude. (I do not start these types of discussions with locals. Ever.)

Exactly Bother BaronTT. :banghead::yeahthat::yeahthat::banghead::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Hello...school is NOT free! Talk with someone who has children in school!! (Flash' date=' pls rule on this, T.).

I pay for one's school and it is NOT at all free!!!

They tired to REMOVE the 30B healthcars, remember?

Pension? for everyone, NO!!

The BTS and Subway was COMPLETED under Takin as well as the airport...the BTS expansion has lingered how many YEARS no???[/quote']

Cavanami you lost the plot completely.

BTS was completed and opened on December 5th 1999 under Chuan Leekpai.

For years the TRT refused to finance skytrain extensions in Bangkok because Bangkok ha(d/s) a democrat governor. After that the Democrat governor paid for the current skytrain extensions with BMA money!! And even that the TRT tried to block in parliament.

But never let a rant stand in the way of facts!

Exactly. And the new airport was donkey's years in the making, Thaksin had nothing to do with it.

And you are 100% incorrect about pensions. I have heard stories (unverifiable) about local leaders holding back this money. If so not an issue with the Abhisit government. The law/programme is certainly in place. The distribution all goes through them.

If school is not free, then once again local leaders are holding back the money because that is NOT the government policy. Or your GF is scamming you.

We all know local leaders are reds. Just look at the make up of the mob.

Maybe if the reds focussed on removing their local crooks, they'd be more happy...

I have heard stories (unverifiable) about local leaders holding back this money.

If school is not free, then once again local leaders are holding back the money because that is NOT the government policy.

....only to spread some of it around when election time comes around... :rolleyes:

School is indeed free. But one must buy uniforms, buy books, pay for lunches etc. To some dirt poor families, something as simple as this is beyond their means.

But when did Abhisit end the free water? I haven't had a water bill in about 2 years. Is "somebody's" landlord ripping him off? :hmmm:

p.s. I have a hospital health card - cheap treatment if I get there early in the morning with the other "prai". I've only used it for testing. (Govmt university employees get free coverage anyway. A colleague's kid was rushed to hospital and turned out to need an emergency appendectomy. The kid spent 3 days in Mission Hospital. The uni picked up all costs except around 7,000 baht - since daddy had chosen a private hospital.)

Archived