Weng: Reds must back Puea Thai

Flashermac

Water is still free (only if under THB 200/month) - was only a 6 month program but was extended for another 6 months or so. Should be ending soon though, if not already this month.

High school (Bangkok area) - costs for everything paid to the school (computer lab, special classes, field trips, etc...) came out to about THB 4,000 per term this last year.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep ... that's Thai landlords. I do get a water bill, but it always says nothing owed. When I rented an apartment, my utilities were always higher than now that I rent a house about 5 times the size of that apartment!

Even when I was paying for water, it was never more than about 100 baht for this house. My old landlord must have been doubling the utility bills for everyone. Ripping off renters over utlilities seems to be a national pastime.

They are sleazy, especially on the classic deposit ripoff. Black scuffmarks near the door? Oh, that'll be 2000 for a new paintjob.

I rented one place for 22K/month. It was broken down to something like 5K/month for apartment rental and 17K/month to rent the furniture. Somebody told me that room rentals are taxed, but equipment/furniture rentals are not. Declining the furniture was not an option!

Had to pay the water bill starting this March. My usage is always until the 300 Baht limit, but in Mach, had to go to the Water Office near Soi 77 (Soi On Nut) Sukhumvit and pay the bill.

I went and paid, so I know there is no rip off involved.

School...I go to the school and pay the fees and get a proper receipt, so once again, no rip off other then no free school.

Archived