A Visit to a Few "New" Bars on Walking Street Last Night...

expat

Yesterday I was out and about, and decided to get off the beaten path (kind of). I tend to, like many others, stick to a few bars that I like, but I was feeling like something new last night, so decided to go to a bunch of bars I hadn't been to for a long time--hence the "New" bar label in the Subject. Remember as always, a terrible bar one minute can be a terrific bar a moment later simply because of the arrival of one angel, so all assessment methods are futile.

The first bar I visited requires a bit of explanation. I was on a baht bus heading towards walking street some time last week, and there was a very lovely young lass opposite me. Uncommonly cute. Another cute girl sat next to her, and for some reason asked Cutie where she worked. Cutie answered she worked in a bar. The other girl pressed her for details, but Cutie clammed up.

When I got off the bus at the foot of South Pattaya road and headed to Walking street. When I got there, I saw Cutie again (she must have taken a different route). She walked into the stairway next to Airport gogo bar, so I figured she worked there.

So, long story not-so-short, I remembered that incident and last night I figured I'd visit Airport as it might have some cute girls. Well, it wasn't great last night and cutie was nowhere in sight, nor were there any other girls anywhere near as attractive as her. Verdict, it's on the D-list for me.

As I left, I looked at the stairs she had gone up, and realized that it was a different bar. I went up to check it out (no name), and they told me it was a show bar and a ticket was 200 baht, which included a drink. I figured what the hell, I'm supposed to be up for something different tonight, so I ponied up the six bucks and went in.

There were mostly Russian couples there watching old Nana Plaza type shows. You know, dart show, bottle opening show. It's been a long time since I've seen stuff like that, and I never liked it even back then in Nana. However, it was fun watching the reaction of the Russians. After the lady opened the bottle, she came around with a hat for tips. I demurred and she seemed a bit upset.

I never saw Cutie, at least I don't think I did. I saw one cute girl in the bar, but she was with the only other single farang in the bar, so didn't get a chance to chat with her. All in all, a good bar to take a miss on unless you are really bored.

Next I went to Nui's club. I sat next to the soapy stage and had a couple flirts and a beer. There are some cute girls here and I'd go back. If you like top-heavy girls, there seemed to be quite a few. When I left the soapy girls asked for a tip. I again demurred as I had no interest in them and hadn't really paid attention to their show.

Next on the list was Happy. I know this is like a standard bar in Pattaya, but I hadn't been there for years before last night. It's too much a tourist bar for me--the girls were never too friendly and seemed more interested in guys who were just in and out of Pattaya. As usual, there was some nice eye candy there and one girl on stage actually noticed me, but I didn't stay long enough for her to finish her dance and see if she'd come over for a chat. To be honest, the girls were cute, but no one was truly outstanding. However, one girl was a real dancer--bursting with energy and quite attractive. Verdict? I'll go back, but it won't be a regular bar for me.

Finally I ended up at Living Dolls I. Had a beer and made googoo eyes at a girl. She was ok and I bought her a drink (the only lady drink I bought last night). After a minute or so, she went off to chat with a friend. By the time she got back, I was ready to go and left. C'est la vie. Verdict. I was too buzzed at that point to remember clearly, but I wasn't terribly impressed with the line-up. I'll probably wait quite a while before I go back.

I'm glad I ventured out of my usual routine--it's easy to get in a rut.

Hi expat,

The bar upstairs from Airport is called Playgirls. It's owned by the same person that owns Aiport (Nui), as is Nui's Club. Seems you did a round of Nui's Clubs last night. Other bars owned by her are New Star in soi Diamond and Smile Rock Girls in soi 15. Also Hot Man in soi Chayapoon if you're into that sort of thing...

Thanks for the report expat.:up:

Solo prowls are good for those less popular bars. You can find some hidden gems. I met 2 of my best regulars in more obscure bars. The girls in the more popular expensive places sometimes think their shit don’t stink. (quoted 3,000 baht ST in Iron Club …. maybe she just didn’t like me, and was looking for a younger stud :sad: )

When you’re in a group, you tend to stick to the tried and tested places, not wishing to let anyone down with an experimental choice.

My mates and I have the usual “committee meeting†at the entrance to Walking Street but we always end up going to the same places:

For eye candy…

Iron Club

Baccara

and sometimes…

Peppermint

Mistys

Airport

Casanovy

Living Dolls 1

For sleaze…

Baby Dolls

Windmill