Tourists under fire in Dusit Thani

Sporty

Tourists under fire in Dusit Thani

Published: 17/05/2010 at 02:50 AM

Online news: Breakingnews

The luxury Dusit Thani Hotel near the shirt shirts' line came under gunfire early Monday and a loud blast was heard, prompting guests to shelter in the basement, according to an AFP journalist inside.

"I was in bed. There was a big explosion very close to my room. I went out of the room, other people did too and at that moment the wall outside was hit by bullets," said AFP photographer Pedro Ugarte.

"We received a few phone calls (from hotel staff) and they said, 'Come down you are under attack'. Everybody is now in the basement, about 100 people," he said by telephone from the Dusit Thani hotel where the incident occurred.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/178139/tourists-under-fire-in-dusit-thani

I have seen TV footage, here in Oz, of 15 of the Dusit Thani hotel guest list.

Fifteen Australians being from Brisbane.

They appear to look like normal sex tourists to me (not saying that they are in particular), but hardly they are no arts and crafts enthusiasts (from what I could observe).

There is not a yellow shirt amongst them, even fool hardy sex tourists would not wave a red (or yellow) flag in front of a mob crowd.

Stop trying to encourage howls of media bias Flash... oh, hang on, we're talking BKK Post here, sorry. The city must be in flames then.

Like any newspaper, their main aim is to sell papers, and to never let truth get in the way of a good story.

Even in the west, gone are the days when serious, thought provoking & well researched articles are printed.

Archived