Don't Blame Dan Rivers

BaronTT

I think it misses the point. The truth is that CNN's (and for that matter all international news channels) standards of reporting is BS, not the work they do on field but the way they choose to broadcast it: simplifications & sensationalism all the way.

The reason for this is that it is what their audience want to consume. I don't believe at all that the reporters have a distorted understanding of the situation, but the sad fact is that those information outlets are more akin to entertainment than thorough information.

On the other hand I don't sense blatant biases from the CNN reports. Just a lot of superficiality.

I seem to remember a quote from somewhere along the lines of "the principal purpose of TV News is to sell soap powder".

Mi Wi Mee and me were watching an English reporter on the TV interviewing a female Thai in a queue for (presumably) food. She was in tears, the Englander told us in English that she was frightened but determined to stay and protest even if it meant death.

Mi Wi Mee told me that what the woman had said in Thai was that she was really really frightened, she couldn't sleep and she didn't know how this was going to end.

I don't think Das Englander Reporter was telling the truth!

Coss

Archived