RIP Gary Coleman

shygye

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of 3 kids, all them had pretty unhappy lives, and 2 dead.

When I moved to Los Angeles in 2001, got dragged by friends into a strip club in North Hollywood (and definitely didn't want to go at the time as i was FLAT BROKE), ummmm... Deja Vu. Coleman was there playing a board game with a couple dancers off in a corner. I asked one of the girls and she told me he came in sometimes, didn't bother anyone, and played games with the girls, then tipped them. Said he was a nice guy.

But he also had a reputation for being paranoid, prone to rages, and exploitive of the people around him.

You're right, they had unhappy lives. Seems to be a common theme with child stars. Interesting.

Alright, RIP.

Ps. Good sig. hha. :)

Edit: Deja Vu was the name of the strip club.

You're right, they had unhappy lives. Seems to be a common theme with child stars. Interesting.

Not surprising, though. There's something inherently wrong with being pimped out by your parents and getting your elementary education in trailers on movie sets, rather than being at school and interacting socially with your peers. And being manipulated and exploited by adults all the time. At some stage of maturity, it must occur to them that they're being double-screwed, emotionally and financially. Tough pill to swallow, would be my guess.

Hmmm. I guess there are lots of child star success stories too. Like uhhhh Robert Blake? Michael Jackson!!! oops, scratch those two.

How about Corey Haim, he's doing rather, oops, scratch that too. Tatum O'Neal? Hmmm.

Alright, got a legit one, Ron Howard.

YOU WERE WRONG USV!

:neener:

The kid stars that go over the edge stick out like a sore thumb. Now Gary was screwed over by his parents and manager. No wonder he found it difficult to trust anyone. You know how stars attract leeches.

The kid stars that stayed out of trouble are not front page news.

Melissa Sue Anderson

Molly Ringwald

Jerry Mathers

Keshia Knight Pulliam

Alison Arngrim

Archived