RIP Gary Coleman

shygye

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monetarily the child stars are much better off nowadays. The parents of many child stars spent all the earnings of their children and left them with little or nothing.

Nowadays there are laws regarding that and a certain amount has to be left in trust for the child actor as well as laws regarding how much of a fee parents can extract for managerial duties, etc.

There should be a special place in hell for a parent to pretty much prostitute their child and take the money and leave them with nothing.

Conservsely, it has to be very difficult for a parent who has a talented child and try to raise the child with a sense of normalcy so they don't end up on a shrink's couch later on in life.

Coleman sued his parents for what he considered fraud. I don't who was wrong given his being prone to believing people around him were conspiring against him. Perhaps it developed from being robbed by his parents, or believing it to be so. I don't know.

I still laugh when they drag out the old shots from the Mickey Mouse Club with Christina, Britney and Justin Trousersnake. Its a sign of how near the end must be that each of them went on to make millions. Forget The Beatles or Mozart - just go to YouTube and find the Next Big Thing.

Archived