The Warbler

I had never paid attention to the Warbler before I started reading this message board, always eating at Woodstock if I was in that area, or the Bus Stop once or twice. After Songkran I plan to stop by some weekend day for a late lunch and try it.

What's good to eat there? Any suggestions? (I am NOT a vegetarian; on the contrary, I adore eating dead things.)

How late can you make it? The evening buffets are the best deal there although they have a good selection on the ordinary menu, western, Thai, Indian, Mexican.

Friday is the international buffet which is an outstanding deal at B180 for all you can eat, which gets you a soup, assorted nibbles like samosas, wonton, tandoori chicken, salads, papadum, pies, etc, rice with about a dozen meat/fish dishes, half Indian, couple of Thai, the rest western, usually including a shepherd's pie or lasagne, and regulars like steak diane, chicken almondaine, chicken tikka massala then some basic fruit/cake desserts. I think it starts at 7 and runs until about 10.

Wednesday is the Mexican night - AYCE for B120, though it's pretty basic stuff - gets Sarisin's bowels moving regularly again though and there is also an English night, I think with lots of pies and sausages and stuff.

Cheap drinks before 9, cute, fun waitresses, pool table, live music, TV sports and your hostess with the mostest, Mr Santos himself. What more could you ask for?

LG

Oh, Man, that sounds good, but I can rarely make it over to that area on a Wednesday or Friday night. How about just the regular menu? I'm thinking a late lunch, around 2:00 or 3:00 PM on a Saturday or Sunday. What would you recommend? But thanks for the buffet tips, because I will try harder to make it over there some night.

I was there a couple a days ago and found the mexican found to be very tasty. Didn`t went there for the buffee though... But the price was good for a single plate, think I paid about 100 B. for a large plate of Chicken Nachos which tasted superb.

Wouldn`t have went there if it haden`t have been for Sarsin report of the place.

Gotta love this message board smile.gif

Archived