Roger Clemens, purjury for legal medication

temfarang

The seven culprits in the Black Sox scandal later admitted they'd only used Shoeless Joe Jackson's name to make the plan seem more convincing. Jackson refused to accept the $5,000 they tried to hand him after the series, so one of them threw it on the floor of his hotel room and left. It is on record that Jackson even tried to warn owner Charles Cosmiskey about the plan, but Cosmiskey wouldn't meet with him. (Cosmiskey treated his players like shit, which is why some of them plotted to throw the World Series.) The only "evidence" of Jackson's involvement was a signed statement (the almost illiterate Jackson couldn't read it) that was gained after a lawyer got him drunk.

But he is still on the list of banned for life "conspirators", even though a jury in 1921 found them all not guilty! :dunno:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I went to school on a track scholorship and saw the effects of steroids on a few folks. I recal running against pre steroids Ben Johnson and then the minute we all saw him later on EVERYONE knew he was on the juice. Looked more like a body builder than sprinter. <

athletes of today are better conditioned than previous generations.

I too attended college on a scholarship.

the 'training room' at a 'minor NCAA university' (granted not USC, Texas or Nebraska, I WISH) consisted of 1 (ONE) universal machine.

today athletes have huge training facilities w/ high tech isolation machinery.

training principles / weider principles of today were unknown to anyone I associated with.

athletes today are REQUIRED to participate in off season training / cross training.

Mantle & Maris hawking cancer sticks reflects on the training mindset of that era.

Mantle & Maris both = lifestyle associated demise

no one in baseball today (perhaps pitchers) has a Ruth physique ..

amongst jocks, only only offensive linemen & sumo wrestlers are built like Ruth.

olympic athletes are tested & retested .. yet the athletes of today exhibit physiques & performances that are night & day from previous generations.

little girls of today can compete with men of previous generations (no not boxing or shot put)

.. compared to male olympic performances in Melbourne or Rome or Mexico City

Johnny Weismuler (Sp) or Duke Kohonamuku (sp) top swimmers of the previous era are pudgy compared to Phelps or Lockte or Coghlan (Pan Pacific games swimming is on US TV this weekend)

I will keep my 30 YO Duke Kohanamuku t-shirt non-the-less

+ nutrition.

= trade 120 gms whey for a six pack

.. or, trade 15 gms of arginine / glutamine for a Lucky pre-workout

perhaps nutrition deserves a congressional hearing

Chuck Schumer, Dim NY, (leading anti 21st century competition congressman) is a faggy punk that never played anything.

:hmmm: Hmmmmmmmmmmm let me see here: :hmmm:

We have 2 wars going on, the economy is in the crapper, 10% unemployment, Iran is fueling a nuclear reactor and Congress is taking time to investigate a F&%#ing baseball player. :wanker:

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this picture? :shakehead

S1

The case against Clemens is not a slam dunk for the government,†he said Friday in a telephone interview. He said that perjury charges could only be brought in connection with investigations conducted as part of those Congressional responsibilities outlined in the Constitution.

“Congress didn’t do this investigation to determine whether they needed new drug laws,†Brown said. “They didn’t do it to determine whether federal agencies were exercising their proper oversight. They did this to figure out whether Clemens or his trainer were telling the truth, and that is arguably not a legislative function. It’s not Congress’s job to hold perjury trials.â€Â

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/sports/baseball/21clemens.html?src=me

LOL, i lub the internet tu mutt .. google ads are often a hoot:

Roger Clemens' Twitter message hours after he was indicted for perjury on Thursday had some uninvited guests: Google ads for the human growth hormone and steroids, substances the seven-time Cy Young Award winner denied using.

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/08/19/roger-clemens-tweet-complete-with-ads-for-banned-substances/?ncid=edlinkusspor00000004

That sucks! I hope to live to see the day when Joe Jackson and Pete Rose get in. Rose's offenses occurred after his playing career. I hated him (being a Dodger fan) but I have to admit he always lit up the field and was perhaps the best player I ever saw. Willy Mays would be the other candidate.

Edit: Forgot Clemente.

Pete Rose admitted in his 2004 autobiography to betting on the Reds while he was managing the team in 1985-1987. He does claim he never bet against them though investigators continue to say there is evidence to suggest otherwise.

For a manager to bet on his team is clear violation of both MLB rules and the fans trust in an ethical game.

Pete Rose was a fantastic player but with a fatally flawed character. Should he be eligible for the Hall of Fame? I think yes, but maybe there should be a separate wing for those that broke the rules along the way. Calling it the “Cheaters Annex†might be a bit harsh, but would not be totally inaccurate.

I think there is more then enough evidence for Joe Jackson to removed from the Major League Baseball ineligible list.

TH

• 2 weeks later...

Companies like GTx and Ligand Pharmaceuticals are trying to develop drugs that possess the muscle-building ability of testosterone without its side effects, like the development of facial hair and other masculine features in women. These drugs are called selective androgen receptor modulators, or Sarms.

Pfizer, Amgen and Acceleron Pharma are separately pursuing drugs that block myostatin, a protein made by the body that acts as a brake on muscle formation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/31/health/research/31muscleside.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Archived