Faking e mails

spirit_of_town_hall

"

"...it doesn't add you IP to any emails you send..."

But then how can someone *respond* to your email? If the IP is removed from the header, how can it be routed over the network? "

Mail servers send their mail to e-mail addresses (i.e. yukyuk@foo.bar.com) not to ip numbers. The domain name services resolves the name to an ip number.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

> because of "the stigma."

Never having been to the US I am intrigued somewhat by this. What stigma is attached to an expat in Thailand? I have been in and out of Thailand for over twenty years and would be keen to know what the yanks think of me?

Cheers

"Never having been to the US I am intrigued somewhat by this. What stigma is attached to an expat in Thailand? I have been in and out of Thailand for over twenty years and would be keen to know what the yanks think of me? "

I think it's safe to say that when they hear the word "Thailand," the first thing that springs to the minds of many is not beaches, diving and temples.

'I think it's safe to say that when they hear the word "Thailand," the first thing that springs to the minds of many is not beaches, diving and temples.'

I wouldn't be so sure. Most people go green with envy when I tell them I'm back from my latest trip. I think most people who haven't been think rumours of the naughty nightlife are over stated.

"...Most people go green with envy..."

Yes, but please remember the context. A *man* will be envious, but a *woman* who is looking at your resume may not. LOS is definitely not PC in some circles.

[color:green] "...Most people go green with envy..."

Yes, but please remember the context. A *man* will be envious, but a *woman* who is looking at your resume may not. LOS is definitely not PC in some circles. color=green>

Oh so right you are. I'm in Hawaii, and I can tell you that when I tell a woman I've just gotten back from LOS, the look is unmistakeinable. And when I tell a male "you like come with me next time?", they are totally scared at the prospect. Old images do die hard. Women think I've been fucking 12 year olds, and men think they are guaranteed to get AIDS virus by breathing the air.

Archived