Faking e mails

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

It isn't clear to me what you mean with "fake" emails.

If you want to remain anonymous just do a web search for "anonymous email". There are a lot of anonymous remailers out there that don't alow for tracking the emails backwards.

If you need an email acount with a fake name and other data just create a hotmail account and make sure you don't enter any accurate personal information.

On the other hand if you are looking for a way to fake an email from a real person this is probably illegal in most countries so a discussion would most likely be deleted. However there is a wealth of information to be found on the net, from both sides of security.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi ALHOLK,

Its your last mention that I'm after, ie I want to send someone an e mail that purports tc come from someone else, ie bii@microsft.com

Its not illegal in the UK yet, the courts are very slow getting to grips with technology!!

Old Hippie : I want to send a friends Thai girl friend a spoof e mail, only a joke nothing serious.

A few months back there was a site up and running which operated this service, I need the address!!

Cheers

STH

It is possible to do what you describe. Even if it is not illegal to forge an e-mail header in the UK I doubt that it would be legal to pretend to be someone you are not, even if you think it is just a joke.

This conversation will be closed, unless folks are willing to stear clear of '101 ways to be someone your not.'

AG

"...willing to stear clear of '101 ways to be someone your not.' "

I don't want to fake an email, but I *would* like to know if I can block the headers from appearing in an email sent via a webmail account, so it cannot be traced to its origin using tracert or whois. Possible?

I suspect that most if not all webmailers are just a front end to a proper mail server. So that is were the header is sorted out, not with the webmail program itself. I may be wrong though. It sounds like you just want an anonymous mailer. have a look at google for ANONYMOUS MAILER REMAILER. Of course if you have a mail server running on your computer you can do pretty much what you want with the headers if you are keen on editing sendmail.conf files or have some spamware.

Here's my dilemma:

I am in LOS and sending resumes to the States for jobs. I have learned to not divulge to a potential employer that I am in LOS, because of "the stigma."

So I want to hide the fact that my email originated in LOS, while still allowing the recipient to respond to my email. But I guess if the headers have been stripped, that cannot be possible.

If I could "spoof" it so it looked like the email originated from, say, Singapore, then that would be good. But from a webmail account? Not likely. Then again, it isn't very likely that someone will examine the headers of my email. But you never know.

It is more likely that a company will call the phone number on my resume, rather than respond via email, but I need to assume that perhaps they will hit "reply."

after sorting out your e mail you might want an int'l call forward phone svc to your number in Thailand. when you're new employer calls your US/? number it goes straight through to your phone in LOS. had one set up from the US to UK. noone knew the difference.

Archived