China is Unloading its Treasury Bonds

cavanami

What's the choice? Let the economy stagnate (and die) or be the consumer of last resort? None, is there?

Look, corporate profits are up 44.7% since the outset of the US recovery, while wages and salary accruals are up just 0.9%. Biz is not ramping up, nor hiring, just sitting (and worse, buying their own stocks so the CEOs can get their bonuses). How do you make them fire up? I dunno, but if more money is out there, maybe it will help. Doing nothing will get us the same.

Myself, I consider them (big biz) as traitors to the country, but that's another thread.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. The bank bail-out was supposed to help but now the banks aren't lending. Defense is always good for employing people but even that could get cut back. And how many obsolete F-16s do the Saudis really need? Printing money and dropping it from helicopters seems to be the only answer.

When it comes to debt, GWB claimed in one of his speeches that the USA was not going to pay back the money it stole from Social Security and Medicare.

A country that steals from its old citizens is not much of a country in my opinion.

Are the Dems any different? Both parties have shown themselves to have a robber baron mentality.

I do recall reading that the Federal Government did grow almost 30% under Reagan and Bush 1. The argument from Andre Moreau (libertarian candidate)was if we scaled back government to pre Regan and Bush numbers, then we could eliminate the need for a federal income tax.

The size of the US Federal gov has tripled in the past 10 years!

I heard something on the radio like for every gov jobs, it takes away 5 jobs in the private sector :dunno:

How does the government hiring 1 secretary take away 5 secretarial jobs from the public? If what you heard was "...it takes 5 federal employees to do the job of 1 private sector employee, that sounds more believable...

I do recall reading that the Federal Government did grow almost 30% under Reagan and Bush 1. The argument from Andre Moreau (libertarian candidate)was if we scaled back government to pre Regan and Bush numbers, then we could eliminate the need for a federal income tax.

The size of the US Federal gov has tripled in the past 10 years!

I heard something on the radio like for every gov jobs, it takes away 5 jobs in the private sector :dunno:

How does the government hiring 1 secretary take away 5 secretarial jobs from the public? If what you heard was "...it takes 5 federal employees to do the job of 1 private sector employee, that sounds more believable...

I just caught the blurb on the radio, so was hoping someone here also heard it or coul expand upon it :dunno:

NOTE: I am not a fan of the GOP or the Dems. I am more of a Constitutionalist or Federalist...something like this.

I want (if I had a list of wants to submit to someone):

1. smaller gov

2. gov funded elections (no more buying an election)

3. eliminate/reorganize/audit the Federal Reserve

4. REALLY make politicians accountable

These four things ought to keep the next 387 generations busy :dunno:

Archived