Sazanka has moved

Hamokhamok

Too bad, because it's the happy ending I could do without. I really liked Sazanka, it was refreshing, and while I think it's a loss to the Square, I found the experience very utilitarian and unsexy.

(also, not to be tried with any kind of abrasions on your torso...it stings)

Nobody has commented but Sanzaka moving does not bode well for Washington Square. Are any other places moving out? Like Bourbon Street?

Nothing really to comment about. Maybe their lease went up? Moving to Thonglor would likely be better fore their biz and they can charge higher rates too.

As far as the Square, The original sub-lessor's lease ended last year. The land owners took it back and are leasing the shops on their own now (at varying rates as they were renegotiated). The leases are now also all timed to expire Feb 2011, when the landowner will do a year-to-year lease. Everyone there I speak to expects no change for now, and even after 2011.

Sooooo, most figure good until at least Feb 2012.

Sazanka which used to be in Washington Square near Bourbon Street Bar etc, has moved.

The address is now 160/4-6 Thonglor Soi 6 (soi Sukhumvit 55).

I don't know where that is in relation to the BTS Sky Train which is what I'd normally gauge it with.

Anyone with more more accurate details please share them.

Looking at Google Earth it looks as if it could be a long distance from the Sky Train.

From Google Maps : Thong Lo BTS to Thong Lo 6

Walking directions to Thong Lo 6

9 mins

Sukhumvit 55

850 m

Thanon Sukhumvit/Route 3

1. Head northwest on Thanon Sukhumvit/Route 3

23 m

2. Turn right toward Soi Thong Lo/Sukhumvit 55

78 m

3. Turn right toward Soi Thong Lo/Sukhumvit 55

73 m