Best Point n Shoot?

Lusty

I just played with a s95 this afternoon, and was very impressed. I'd only looked at a s90 befor, never handled it . The s95 feels solid, small size, huge screen. Manual operation of fstp, shutterspeed and ISO possible, but also all auto modes. 28-105, OK range. If I'd need a new P&S, it'd be vey hard to choose between the G12 and the s95. G12 has more facilities, but is much bigger and heavier. The s95 fits easily in my shirt pocket.

I want one.

Budget 6000bt? C'mon, fork out a bit more and get a camera instead of a toy.

The S90 is great but has recently been replaced with the S95, which is very similar but has full HD video recording with stereo sound. I would expect it'll cost about Bt. 16-17000.

I'm sure the S90 will still be available though at a lower price.

Haven't checked out the S95 yet, but the S90 kicks butt...almost impossible to shoot a bad photo with that thing. Very good in low light, too, and pretty small/unobtrusive, makes it the perfect take-to-the-bar camera, haha (provided you know the girls well enough to be allowed to take photos, and that describes everywhere that I regularly go at Nana, Cowboy and Patpong).

Plus, it shoots in RAW (without the firmware hack you have to do on other Canons, which doesn't always work).

Got mine for $350 this summer in the US; I agree that with the S95 out the prices on S90 should be coming down...

The S90/95 lens is f2 at the wide end which is very fast and great for low light. Also when Canon introduced the S90 they actually reduced the megapixels from previous models (against the trend of always increasing megapixels) but introduced 2 processors rather than 1, which they claim gives better photo quality. I wouldn't know about that but the S90 photo quality is superb so they're probably right.

Archived