How Much Free Health Care is Too Much?

TheCorinthian

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Advanced Directive is a nice thing because you can specify in detail what is acceptable and when it's acceptable. There are certainly times when I would want to be resuscitated, or on a ventilator or feeding tube. Mine basically states that if the brain dies - and by die I mean you've lost pretty much all cognitive ability - don't keep the body alive on machines. In that state: DNR.

Hmmm. I agree with HH on a couple things. It is indeed a crazy mixed-up world we live in.

You can't believe everything you see in a Michael Moore documentary, other than Michael Moore likes to see himself on film. A lot. As the 'good guy' enlightening the masses from the man. It's his favorite role.

Hospitals are not homeless shelters.

Aside from that, I think it is a good idea to dump them all in S.F. :content:

HH

During te Wild West days, indigent people were taken care of. Even the poor were fed. Seems like we have gone bckwards - not forward.

Later in the late 1930's - early 1940's a chap came up with an idea of how to get rid of such people. No need to mention his name.

During te Wild West days, indigent people were taken care of. Even the poor were fed. Seems like we have gone bckwards - not forward.

Maybe you have first-hand knowledge of the "Wild West days". I guess I'm not as old as you are. But from what I read about history, a lot of things have changed since then. (We used to hang horse thieves; wouldn't be a bad thing to do with car thieves today, IMO.) Indeed, the increasing "progressive" social brain washing that has taken place over the last few decades has only accelerated going in reverse.

HH

During te Wild West days' date=' indigent people were taken care of. Even the poor were fed. Seems like we have gone bckwards - not forward.[/quote']

Maybe you have first-hand knowledge of the "Wild West days". I guess I'm not as old as you are. But from what I read about history, a lot of things have changed since then. (We used to hang horse thieves; wouldn't be a bad thing to do with car thieves today, IMO.) Indeed, the increasing "progressive" social brain washing that has taken place over the last few decades has only accelerated going in reverse.

HH

In Tucson, Territory of Arizona the mayor back in the 1860's made it possible for free public education. This was in a time period in which 99% of Tucson was Mexican and the mayor was white!

Problem we have today is history is not taught in the schools.

During te Wild West days' date=' indigent people were taken care of. Even the poor were fed.

L[/quote']

Oh no they were not.

Where did you hear that one?

Common Council meeting for Tombstone, Territory of Arizona 1880-1881

Wait... what?

Your "evidence" for the wild west feeding everyone is a council meeting in one year from ONE boom town....???

That's evidence of the West feeding everyone??

Archived