Ahbisit favors yuan (over dollar) for trade

dave32

The USA has been very successful in weakening the USD. China has currency controls to keep the yuan value low. This contributes in keeping the price advantage Chinese exports enjoy.

Won't argue on this one. In over my head and honestly just don't know. Other than it's interesting. Very very interesting.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I have favoured RMB (Yuan) over USD for the past 10 years or so as a currency to hold my reservses in, along with CHF and EUR.

GBP and USD are farked IMHO

No or little advantage, to use the Yuan as your reserve, as it pegged to the USD ( I can only see that if you live in China). With India, Japan, US and Euro Zone asking for a softer Yuan, I would move out of it for 2011.

Yuan being pretty much pegged (for more than 10 years, I think about 15?), no advantage as it is today, and with the possibility of weaking, better to be safe. Not to mention, the dead asses in Washington, on both sides of the isle, may actually, take action, rare but this is one thing they agree on.

IMHO, the Euro, is gonna have big troubles, in the next year, I figure 10% to 20%. That would be 122 or less to the USD, in 2011.

Archived