google, costa rica, iran, chavez .. & .. a Panama Canal

temfarang

Last week it was reported that Nicaragua invaded costa rica based on a 'bad border' google map

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/11/05/nicaragua_cites_google_earth_to_justify_invading_costa_rica

&

http://searchengineland.com/nicaragua-raids-costa-rica-blames-google-maps-54885

it now turns out there was a border assignment done by the international Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague several years ago

http://www.radiohc.cu/ingles/a_noticiasdelmundo/10/noviembre/3/mundo8.htm

it now turns out that Oriegia (Nic), Chavez (Venz) & I'm-another-nut-job (iran) want to build a canal, a rival to the panama canal, using the river that was assigned as the border between Nicaragua & Costa Rica.

(Unfortunately) the International Court gave total control of the south bank of the border river to Costa Rica.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/iran-venezuela-plan-to-build-rival-to-panama-canal-1.324173

the Panama Cana is to small / shallow to carry Venezuela's tankers to Asia

seems allowing bigger ships would also be good for china ..& walmart

a larger canal would kill the Panama canal traffic .. something like 75% of Panama's GNP come from the canal

2010: of course, the US is in opposition

2007: initial announcement of the river plan was in '07 & was unopposed

Are they hiring?

Weekends on the beach sound attractive, but be careful what you wish for. The Panama Canal project was a bitch, and I don't suspect modern day working conditions would be any better under Chinese and Walmart management. And bear in mind the Chinese might still be harboring ill will toward us since the days when we had them build the railroads. Every take-away being a potential sleeper cell? Damn right! :D

Are they hiring?

Isn't the Panama Canal operated by a Chinese firm? I assume the new one would be built by china and managed by them as well...I tell ya, they are taking over...consider every chinese take out as a "sleeper cell" for global domination...

I don't use future tense any longer. Only past tense. They have taken over.

I read that China just wants to make money now and is only interested in domintion in its region primarily and marginally outside the region as it applies to business interests and some rivals (India). Eventually they will look for a global influence to the same degree that America does.

China owns Africa. I posted something about this a while back. Its called 'ChinAfrica' by the think tanks. They directly or indirectly control a great deal of Africa's natural resources of which they have a tremendous apetite for.

They have replaced us as the major trading partners for Korea, Japan, Brazil and shockingly India, who are their biggest rivals outside of the USA.

They are making incredible headway into south america.

They own our debt. The reality is all we can do is talk. We don't have the power to tell China to change its currency valuation. Its the reverse if anything. Some Americans will say, if we go down they go with us. I'm not so sure. Sure they'll hurt but they have so much other things going for it globally, where they are increasing and we're either stagnant or retreating that you tell me who will survive if its economic warfare?

I continue to liken us to pre WW2 England and America where England was still known as the premier world power but in actuality America was and just needed an event to prove it.

China and America are the same now. If the close call of the economic collapse didn't prove it then I you're living in denial. China was hurt but no where close compared to the rest of the west.

Its over. And a large part of it is self induced. Its not like we're fighting hard to reverse it, we're helping our own demise with a totally corrupted political system that quickens our decline.

I must be fun to hang out with, eh? LOL.

Archived