CAn't delete entries in the XP Registry

cavanami

Small issue.

I upgraded my SpyderTV software but the new software appears to not work with the older hardware (the colorimeter to tune up a LCD TV).

I did an uninstall and reinstalled the old software but everytime I plug in the USB colorimeter, it complains as it is looking for some newer driver in the newer software.

I went into the XP registry and tried to delete the entries for the newer software, could not, denied. I tried to delete in Safe Mode, could not. I tried Windows Installer Cleaner, which M/S no longer has on the website, but they have one (msicuu2.exe) that appears to only clean uo Office installation, no more list to pick out the application to clean up.

I deleted the USB entry via the device manager, no help, it stills wants the newer driver...

How to delete these entries in the registry...and, no backup of the registry so I can not restore to before this mess (my bad)...

Haven't tried a restore.

I would like to find out how to delete something in the registry...just an educational mission, at this point.

Log in as administrator then run regedit. You may have to open task manager (ctrl-alt-delete) and shut down the process that's causing the problem first.

Archived