What a load of crap, don't tell me it's only superstition

tartempion

Yesterday morning, sitting behind this PC GF gets a call, I don't listen actively to other people's phone conversations but get the gist, something is dead wrong.

I had some high priority business at the hospital in the morning, so get the story when we leave the hospital: her Bangkok sister had a dream: burglars got into our house whilst we were away and the sister sleeping at our home (this is planned early December) and they burn down our place.

So yeah, do you want to talk dreams with a Thai?

Good luck. Thus I shrug my shoulders and get on with my life.

Last evening at 6 pm she leaves home to visit her parents 1 km away (she does that often but rather at 4-5 pm and eats inedible Isaan food there) and locks the gate when leaving telling me where to find the second set of keys in case I would need to get out of the place. That's very unusual, locking the gate I mean.

She comes back at 8pm and tells me "tamboon baan the 25th, I need to ask 3 monks to bless our house, we will need to make food etc etc"

Shit what a load of bullocks, how can they be so serious in believing this crap?

Now don't think this an isolated incident!

The GF is rather crude for a Thai and thus she does not make many friends by telling what's on her mind. A few months ago she was telling her 4 truths at her oldest sister by phone. appears the sis had put the speaker on and the family could hear it all (especially the father, because the eldest can do no wrong, although she is a lazy freaking bitch) Followed a cold with the family, she stopped visiting them for 3 months.

She read it all in a book, said she would be in trouble with her family this second half of BA 2553 and she better stay away to avoid mishaps.

That book also states I will have many problems this year, and sure my 90 years old father died 9 August, I got diagnosed with a prostate infection this October and had to extract a tooth this November. But next year will bring a lot of luck, read money....

Thus last night she could not catch sleep and turned around the place until 3am, my night was over at 4 because all that rummage, shit.

So yeah, she stays away from her family as much as possible, but just left now (6am) to check with her mother and the monks....

Thus I am pissed off, having to listen to this superstition crap in an ongoing almost daily way.

Lottery numbers, license numbers, tell me your last night dream, whatever :cussing:

Tell her you had a dream and everything is going to be fine. You dreamt the police caught the robbers and threw them in the slammer. Have to make it sound convincing though. :hmmm:

Yeah, gotta make it a bit cryptic with little details "you couldn't possibly know yourself" to sound believable, but not so much that she can't "decipher" it (we are dealing with Thais here, after all)...

Something like, "I dreamed I saw these two guys driving by our house, and they kept looking at it"..."and then suddenly they were sitting in a small room eating "red rice" (khaaw daeng) and cursing about their lost opportunity...red rice is a reference to being in prison, since that's all they let them eat (pig food)...if she doesn't expect you to already know that reference then she may believe your "dream".

Ha, she won't believe that I had such a dream...

3 monks not enough to get rid of the danger, thus 5 monks ordered for the 25th, she discussed the menu for the monks and I wonder how much the devil out-driving will cost me in the end.

She's off to harvest rice with her family and I am off to watch morlam signing/dancing at teh village market starting around 10 am!,

Kratong to water tonight, I thought Loy Kratong was for tomorrow???

Archived