Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Actually Flash, I don't know this guys ideology but conservative blacks have long criticized black Dems or left of center blacks or black activists. In the past it was Jesse and Rev Al and occasionally Maxine Waters and members of Congress. Obama being President its no surprise.

Interesting thing is Rev Al was critical of Obama when he announced he was running. Its not in his best interest (nor Jesse's) to publicly attack him because they'd lose their constituents. Rev Al's and Jesse's beef is that he's not doing the 'blame the white man' thingy and not pushing for all kinds of programs specifically for blacks. Also, I think its Obama not providing a place for them at the table.

Fact is Obama isn't liked by the black establishment. The Congressional Black Caucus did the unprecedented thing of backing Hillary for the '08 election. The 11th commandment of the CBC is thou shall always support a fellow member. Obama was always on the outside. He got elected in Chicago going against a long time black pol. Very few blacks of note supported him early. Jesse Jackson Jr ironically enough. Henry Louis Gates as well. The blacks in Congress, mayors, etc. across the country were firmly for Hillary. He's kept them all out of his administration and they pretty much have no more access to him than they did Bush.

Obama is hated by the right and has a mutual dislike for black politicians on the left.

This guy needs to be in the next administration in some capacity!!

Herman Cain bio:

■Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.

■Master’s degree in Computer Science.

â– Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics (making him a rocket scientist).

â– Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola.

â– VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the top of the ladder in the computer world, being in charge of information systems for a major corporation). All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!

■ Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury’s 400 Burger King restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company’s poorest performers in the country. Spent the first nine months learning the business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning toilets. After three years he had turned them into the company’s best performers.

■Godfather’s Pizza CEO. Was asked by Pillsbury to take charge of their Godfather’s Pizza chain (which was on the verge of bankruptcy). He made it profitable in 14 months.

■In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather’s Pizza chain from Pillsbury. He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top of the ladder of another industry.

â– He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association during this time. This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the non-politician side. Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!

â– Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses.

â– Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that impact the monetary system. After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for a fourth time!

■Writer and public speaker. He then started to write and speak on leadership. His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self, Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You’re Stupid.

■Radio Host. Around 2007—after a remarkable 40 year career—he started hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the largest talk radio station in the country). He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur and his mother was a maid). When you add up his accomplishments in his life—including reaching the top of three unrelated industries: information systems, business management, and banking—Herman Cain may have the most impressive resume of anyone that has run for the presidency in the last half century.

The more I see of Cain, the more I like him. He reminds me in some ways of Ron Paul, nothing phony. I don't see Cain getting the nomination, but he deserves to be in somebody's cabinet. It would be fantastic to have Cain and Obama facing off against each other. At the very least, Cain would be asking some tough questions and Obama would have to come up with some answers if he wanted to keep his current address. :beer:

Cain has integrity and I admire that in him. I wouldn't vote for him for President as I think he would not compromise. I think he'd make an excellent head of a department. Especially a large one. I saw him in debates and he has very limited knowledge of global issues and his answers were always he'd have experts and study each issue. Not good enough. There are emergency issues that require immediate action. I also see too much social conservatism for my liking.

I also see too much social conservatism for my liking.

Steve...the man, in any capacity, would bring LEADERSHIP--something that hasn't been coming from the WH during this administration. Too much "social conservatism". I'm not sure what you mean by that. Have examples of what he's said that makes you feel that way? (I'm asking as a "social moderate".) The guy is definitely a leader; I'd guess leading by "consensous"; knows when to "kick ass" and when to give a pat on the back. I think most U.S. voters have seen what a "social LIBERAL" has done to the country in the last 2 3/4 years...NOTHING GOOD !

BTW, you don't think Barry consults "experts" on stuff he doesn't know about? If he doesn't, that would explain a lot of things. 555555555555555555 (Maybe Barry just needs a new dart board or Magic 8 Ball".)

HH

Steve...the man, in any capacity, would bring LEADERSHIP--something that hasn't been coming from the WH during this administration. Too much "social conservatism". I'm not sure what you mean by that. Have examples of what he's said that makes you feel that way? (I'm asking as a "social moderate".) The guy is definitely a leader; I'd guess leading by "consensous"; knows when to "kick ass" and when to give a pat on the back. I think most U.S. voters have seen what a "social LIBERAL" has done to the country in the last 2 3/4 years...NOTHING GOOD !

BTW, you don't think Barry consults "experts" on stuff he doesn't know about? If he doesn't, that would explain a lot of things. 555555555555555555 (Maybe Barry just needs a new dart board or Magic 8 Ball".)

HH

What I don't like is government getting involved in our lives and/or using the position to say how we should all act, etc. Some of the candidatees do this. Speak in abstract ways about being an American, etc. Also putting time and political capital into changing abortion, stem cell, etc. The same for the left if they are pushing for things like removing In God We Trust from stuff, making everyone part of some group that needs protection, etc.

I agree he's a leader. Obama is a leader. Cain may be a better leader than Obama but Obama is also a leader. I know you won't agree but he is. Obama had a grasp on the general global issues when he was campaigning. I was watching the Republican debate and Cain has no idea about a lot of global issues. He doesn't know the main premise or situation.

As I said, I also don't think he'll do well working with Dems. I don't see much compromise in him. To be fair, the same can be said of Paul. However, I think difference is Paul will be stubborn about the right things and Cain will be stubborn on things that shouldn't matter. Just a guess and I could be wrong and doing the man a disservice. I see a man of high moral purporse and integrity. However, I don't see a President but a head of a department in the administration. Someplace he can run like a corporation where he's the boss.

Obama 39% Cain 34%

Herman Cain did well in last week’s GOP debate and won a decisive straw poll victory in Florida, but his numbers in a general election match-up against President Obama are little changed.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds that Obama earns 39% support while Cain attracts 34%. In that match-up, 14% prefer some other candidate, and 14% are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

A month ago, the president led Cain by seven percentage points. In March Obama held an 18 point advantage over the businessman and talk show host.

Data released earlier today shows that voters nationwide are evenly divided as to whether or not Cain is qualified to be president — 30% say yes, 33% no, and 37% are not sure. Republicans, by a 49% to 17% margin believe he is qualified while most Democrats disagree. Among Republicans, Cain’s numbers on this question are similar to Rick Perry’s but not as strong as Mitt Romney’s.

In a match-up against President Obama, just 61% of Republicans are ready to vote for Cain. Eighteen percent (18%) would prefer a third option and 11% are not sure. Among unaffiliated voters, 33% prefer Cain, 31% Obama, and 36% aren’t ready to commit to either candidate.

Rasmussen Reports

post-98-0-63836800-1317268528_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-78780700-1317268547_thumb.jpg

Botched Surgery Leaves Los Angeles Mom With ‘Uniboob’

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A Los Angeles woman is speaking out about a botched plastic surgery that left her with symmastia, or a “uniboob.â€

Dinora Rodriguez, a 40-year-old stay-at-home mom, woke up in horror after undergoing a routine surgery to swap out her old breast implants.

“My breasts looked really bad,†she told MSNBC. “It looked like I had one big breast instead of two. And the pain was terrible.â€

Rodriguez says her surgeon, who was recommended by a friend, also operated on her eyes without her permission. She says they no longer close properly.

Her breasts have since been fixed by a board-certified surgeon, and a lawsuit has been resolved in Los Angeles Superior Court.

My link