Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Maybe Bobby Jindal for Cain's VP? Let's really make history. :beer:

A good candidate for Herman Cain would be Marco Rubio. junior Republican Senator from Florida. His family are Cuban exiles so that garners the Hispanic vote in Florida. A Black President and a Hispanic VP..THAT would make history.........

I'm all for it. I have a credit union account. They are great. Big banks have been trying to get Congress to legislate them out of existence even though they have a very small portion of the banking money. Banks want total control. Bastards.

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/113658/bank-transfer-day-mainstreet?mod=bb-budgeting

Occupy Wall Street has dominated headlines for the past few weeks, with advocates and critics jaw-boning over whether it was government or Wall Street that fueled the financial crisis (here's a vote for both).

But even critics can't argue about the growth prospects of the "occupations" taking place in urban centers across the U.S. Now comes an offshoot of Occupy Wall Street that takes aim at banks where it hurts them most — in their vaults.

The social uprising — called "Bank Transfer Day" — encourages bank customers to take their cash out of big banks and put it in smaller banks and credit unions instead. The movement is ostensibly in response to aggressive fees institutions are rolling out to recover profits lost from new financial regulations, notably Bank of America's (BAC - News) decision to stick debit card users with a $5 monthly fee and Wells Fargo's (WFC - News) $3 test of the same.

On the movement's Facebook page, protest organizers say that, even with new government regulations in place to keep banks in check, they're still making out like bandits. For example:

• With the Durbin Amendment in effect, banks will still make 19 cents profit per processed transaction.

• The average consumer uses his or her debit card 24 times per month.

• Without the additional fee, Bank of America stands to turn a $3.3 billion annual profit from its 59 million customers' debit card transactions.

Here's an explanation from the organizers of Bank Transfer Day, straight from the group's Facebook page:

"Together we can ensure that these banking institutions will always remember the 5th of November!! If the 99% removes our funds from the major banking institutions on or by this date, we will send a clear message and give the 1% a taste of the fear that we experience every day when we aren't able to pay for our rent, food, medication, utilities, student loans, etc."

As of Oct. 10, the group's organizers say 6,500 Americans have already signed up in support of the event. How many of those consumers will actually yank their deposits from big banks is an open-ended question that won't be answered until Nov. 5, if at all...

If this is what I can expect from the Republicans as a way to create jobs. No thanks. Its the same old bullshit. Its giving big business and big oil money, plan and simple. Obama's idea does something. Something tangible, sometihng needed. Boehner also scares me with the fiscally responsible way. I don't like putting on debt anymore than the next person. However, if we're going to spend more than we rake in, infrastructure is the way to go. It helps us, its needed, its direct American jobs, its millions of blue collar and middle class jobs. Cutting corporate taxes is okay but again, companies aren't hiring because the taxes are too high. They don't have faith in the economy and the consumer to spend. That's it. Companies that have a good product or service, that they know will be a hit will hire. Apple for example.

Time for Obama to show some balls. Go on the offensive. He needs to pick out a few big public projects in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Florida and tell them the amount of jobs and money that will be spent right there. In their back yards. I've so done with the ideas to line big business pockets that the Republicans have been touting for eons and I bought for a long time. Again, not saying targeted tax cuts and reduced regulations aren't needed. However, corporate profits are up in a recession. Billionaires who lost a lot of net worth a few years ago have gotten a lot of it back while the middle class has been taking it up the brown eye. The banks we bailed out are not only making money they are now increasing fees on Americans that are struggling. Why give them more right now with tax breaks? For the umpteenth time companies don't hire because of low taxes they hire when they sell their product and service. The only thing they got right is spending but they want to cut across the board and certain things that will hurt people like Social Security, Veterans Affairs, etc. Cuts have to be targeted. It can't be across the board ad hoc.

http://news.yahoo.com/boehner-obama-talk-jobs-senate-gop-offers-plan-215009594.html

Boehner, Obama talk jobs as Senate GOP offers plan

Boehner told Obama that Republicans are willing to address new transportation and infrastructure spending but "in a fiscally responsible way." Boehner challenged Obama's statement Thursday that he had not seen many job-creation ideas from Republicans.

The discussion came during a call from Obama to congratulate Boehner for congressional passage of trade deals with South Korea, Panama and Colombia. It also came as Senate Republicans introduced legislation aimed at creating jobs by overhauling the nation's tax laws, cutting business rules and boosting offshore oil exploration.

My US bank account is in RedFedCred - and the effing bankers have been trying to close it for years! Not just anyone could join it, so it wasn't hunting the baker wankers any. It is simply that their first, middle and last name is Greed. Sod 'em.

Even so, I don't know WTF the Wall Street protestors think they are accomplishing. Do they expect the government to pay attention to them? The bankers are the ones the feds bailed out. They are certainly not going to turn against them.

I agree. The problem is not so much the banks but Congress that allows them to do what they do. I do think the OWS people have some influence. My guess is Congress fears they're next. Its also brought the attention of Wall Street greed to the general public and I think possibly some politician(s) may use it as a platform to run for office.

Obama loses celeb supporter Hulk Hogan.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/losing-wrestling-primary-hulk-hogan-tells-fox-news-125944714.html

Hulk Hogan supported President Obama in 2008, but alas, the honeymoon is over, Hogan said Thursday during a Fox News appearance.

"I was a big Obama supporter and kinda, like, believed everything he said he was gonna do," Hogan said on Fox and Friends. "But now that nothing's happened..."

Hogan said he was still sore about the president using his theme song, "I Am a Real American" when Obama addressed the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner shortly after he released his long form birth certificate earlier this year.

"I kinda was a little upset that he didn't ask me permission to use my music," Hogan added. "But the change of heart is that I think I should be president. I know nothing about politics. I think a flat tax across the board would straighten everything out."

When told that the Hulk's idea sounds something like presidential candidate Herman Cain's "9-9-9 Plan," he responded, "Wow, yeah well he's not a real American like I am. . . . I've been around, people know me, they know everything about me, they know I'm for real, they know I know nothing about politics. I'll just make decisions on what's right or wrong."