Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Bias within the black community based on shade of black has been going on for a few hundred years. It started from the slave days when the slave masters emphasized that the closer a slave looked to him the better he or she was. It got into the black psyche. The 'house slaves' were almost always of a very light shade and often times offspring of the slave master or whites. The 'field slaves' were the darkest. The same bias within the black community was placed on the type of hair you had. 'Good hair' was one that was closer to long flowing hair for women or in guys, wavy. There was a strong self hate mentality amongst blacks in the U.S. (as well as in the caribbean and Africa) I'm dark complected and got teased when I was young as well as many others.

This all started to change with the black power movement in the '60s and '70s but the bias was still strong. The '90s saw a reversal. Black women started preferring dark complexioned black men and light skinned blacks were out of fashion for the first time. Its stil that way now. The emergence of Michael Jordan, Wesley Snipes, Samuel L Jackson, Denzel Washington and other dark skinned celebs changed it all. However, to a certain extent black guys stiil perfer light skinned women but not nearly as much as in the past. Nowadays black men preference for black women is more about her shape (booty/ass shape haha...) than skin color.

Many dark skinned guys in the old days grew up with a complex. Many 'yo mama' jokes started with 'Your mama is so black...'. I still remember a few. I was very fortunae. I had parents that never bought into that and I can vividly remember watching the Ms. Universie contest and my mother and father commenting how beautiful some of the African contesntants were, almost always the very dark ones. I was rare in that I saw them teasing me as being brainwashed from history. I almost got into a fight at lunch one day when the barbs were being traded and one light skinned guy made a comment abuot me being very dark and I responded that his light shade meant some white guy f*cked his mama or grandma and his mom lied to his dad about it. I said 'My dad is black as I am so I know who my daddy is, do you?" It didn't go over well...haha...

I doubt he'll get the nomination but if Cain won it and squared off against Obama it would obviously be monumnetal. We'd all have to vote for the 'black guy'...hahaha...Romney being considered is unprecedented. The mess we're in has made people forget the inconsequential things like race, religion and gender (Hillary would have won had she got the nomination, I have no doubt about that). I think the religious bias will go at some point and an athiest can win. I have no doubt a jewish person can win. I can also see a latino as well. Rubio being an obvious example. Cisneros a while back possibly. A gay person will take the longest. He or she would have to 'seem normal' if you know what I mean. The guy can't be too queeny or the woman too dykey.

I read an article recently saying that Cain has no real network or organization in states. Not sure if its true and this may be Democrats being naughty but I've heard it said he's running for President to sell his book and make money hence his lack of organization, etc.

In his business life he's been very well organized and prepared. However, his lack of knowledge on certain foreign policy issues as well as other issues suggests to me the possibility he didn't take it seriously.

His rise makes it tough on the other candidates. They have to be wary on how they criticize him.

I read an article recently saying that Cain has no real network or organization in states. Not sure if its true and this may be Democrats being naughty but I've heard it said he's running for President to sell his book and make money hence his lack of organization, etc.

In his business life he's been very well organized and prepared. However, his lack of knowledge on certain foreign policy issues as well as other issues suggests to me the possibility he didn't take it seriously.

What commie blog did you get that from? 555555555555 I think it's true that he doesn't have the network/resources that traditionally are employed in the primaries. Comes from not being in the political arena before. As for campaigning to sell a book? Crazy idea. He makes enough from his investments and his previous radio talk show. Anybody who wants to run for Prez almost MUST write a book. I've already started mine for my 2020 run. ;)

HH

Cain might not originally have been serious, figuring he had no chance. But he does not and it may have even surprised him too.

I read a fascinating book some years ago on African American geneaology (the term it used). It was an excellently put together book, but what struck me was the chapter on the origins of slavery and how black came to mean "inferior". The author (black himself) pointed out how in ancient times anybody could end up a slave, race was immaterial. Roman and Greek slaves were more likely to be white, and Africans certainly weren't looked upon as less civilised, since their village society was more or less at the same level as villages in Europe at the time. Then the Arabs got into the picture, after the rise of Islam. They were the first big slavers - in East Africa. Soon virtually all of the slaves in Arab lands were from African, and black (or kafir) came to be used to describe slaves. The Europeans in the eastern Mediterranean started capturing Muslim ships, which sometimes had Africans as galley slaves. They picked up the notion of black inferiority from the Arabs. Bet the Nation of Islam would have an absolute fit is you said such a thing in public.