Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

My reaction every time I see this is the same. What kind of a Marine wears parts of his uniform with civilian clothes, especially with his ribbons on his chest (where they would never be worn with combat fatigues)? You just don't do that. People fight and die in the country's uniform, and you respect it. You don't strut around in it to show off. Something just isn't right here. My mama was in Afghanistan? My papa was in Iraq (or wherever)? Well, my father was in the Army - about 24 years before I was!

My link

Sar

The guy had a point in this is 'America' and the cops are ther to protect us not to hunt us down like animals.

Cops are managed very srictly. They get their orders of how to respond from someone. Someone up the chain of command, possibly being ordered by a politician is setting the tone. A bunch of nuns marching against brutality and gang members marching against police brutality against a member are going to get two totally different reception from the police.

The OWS folks have emphasized peaceful demonstrations and its no longer young folks but lots of middle america types joining.

The guy had a point in this is 'America' and the cops are ther to protect us not to hunt us down like animals.

That doesn't explain WTF he is doing out roaming the streets of NYC in part of a uniform with ribbons on his chest. I've got 8 medals and ribbons to wear. Do I? Of course not. You were in the Army, maybe RVN too. Do you roam around Arizona wearing your jungle fatigues top with your medals pinned on?

I'm not in the military, never was. So I leave it up to you guys to say whether he was disrespecting the uniform. In any event, that is secondary to his point. Does he have a point about the police?

The movement is moving into mainstream America. Its getting sympathy. The Republicans are on record as being oopposed and it could come back to haunt them. If the Dems were smart they'd make them a wing of their party as the Republicans did with the Tea Party.

I do agree with Cain on one thing regarding the OWS movement. The real problem is Congress. Wall Street can only do what Congress lets it. I'd also like to see money moved from the huge banks to credit unions and regional, more consumer friendly banks.

If the banks were smart they'd do something about their policies before it snowballs and politicians start over regulating them to ride consumer wave. The banks are greedy bastards. No doubt about that. What they have essentially done is ruined any chance of another bailout. If they start to go under any Congressman that recommends them getting money and I'll include the President will suffer politically for it.

Want to know where a lot of the BS bailout $$$ went?

Bailout Recipients

We're tracking where taxpayer money has gone in the ongoing bailout of the financial system. Our database accounts for both the broader $700 billion bill and the separate bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (go here for the Federal Reserve’s emergency loans to banks).

http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list

Name Type State Amount Committed Revenue to Gov't

Fannie Mae Government-Sponsored Enterprise D.C.

$104 B disbursed

$15 B

AIG

Received other federal aid. Click to see details. Insurance Company N.Y.

$17 B returned / $68 B disbursed / $70 B committed

$165 M

Freddie Mac Government-Sponsored Enterprise Va.

$65 B disbursed

$13 B

General Motors Auto Company Mich.

$23 B returned / $51 B disbursed

$694 M

Bank of America

Received other federal aid. Click to see details. Bank N.C.

$45 B returned / $45 B disbursed

$5 B

TSA Agent Leaves Lewd Message In Flier’s Luggage After Finding Sex Toy

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-agent-jokes-about-finding-sex-toy-during-luggage-inspection/

Not satisfied with fumbling through Americans’ private possessions, one TSA screener saw fit to make a humiliating joke about the contents, writing a personal message on a TSA inspection note after finding a sex toy in writer Jill Filipovic’s luggage.

After arriving at her hotel, Filipovic was unpacking when she discovered her bag had been individually searched by a TSA screener who, having seen the “personal item,†saw fit to comment, writing “GET YOUR FREAK ON GIRL†on the reverse side of an inspection notice.

“Total violation of privacy, wildly inappropriate and clearly not ok, but I also just died laughing in my hotel room,†wrote Filipovic.

While proving themselves adept at identifying women’s vibrators, TSA screeners are notoriously less skilled at actually doing what they’re paid to do – find dangerous items.

TSA screeners missed a loaded gun inside a checked bag at Los Angeles International Airport yesterday....

I's day that if you are a radical fundamentalist Muslim, he's been very, very good.

HH

HH!! Good to hear from ya. Obie won kanobi is knocking off those Sith Lords (Bin laden, Qadaffi, etc.) left and right. He's kicking ass and taking names. "Shirley" you approve? lol.

Maybe the best Presidential commander in chief since Truman or FDR, huh?