Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Sheriff: Fast and Furious Bigger Scandal Than Watergate

Paul Joseph Watson

Infowars.com

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu joined over two dozen Republican lawmakers in calling on Attorney General Eric Holder’s to resign over Operation Fast and Furious, the gunrunning program that saw the ATF deliver some 2,000 guns directly into the hands of Mexican drug gangs, labeling the scandal worse than the Watergate cover-up that brought down the Nixon White House.

“I thought it was a telling sign when President Obama embraced him and gave him the Al Capone hug and the Scarface whisper in the ear that I support you. He did this publicly. I thought, `Wow, this is his last hours here, that he’s on his way out,†Babeu told KTAR News.

Holder is set to testify once more on the subject in front of a Democratic-led Senate committee on November 8.

By no means for the first time, if Eric Holder repeats his dubious contention that Fast and Furious only came to his attention when it became public knowledge, he will be knowingly committing perjury.

http://www.infowars.com/sheriff-fast-and-furious-bigger-scandal-than-watergate/

GWB had the same type of gun running program and nobody raised an eyebrow. Figure it out.

..credit to Obama for including rational, qualified people of either party to high posts.

Ah...more jibberish from a pod somewhere in libtardland. :neener:

For what it's worth, I agree with you on the above. To which I'd add, probably the ONLY rational, qualified person he's appointed. 55555555555

HH

On FOIA, Obama wants a license to lie

It's not often that the liberal American Civil Liberties Union and conservative Judicial Watch agree on anything, but the Obama administration's lack of transparency has brought the two together. My link :stirthepo

And 4 years ago,in how many ads and campaign appearances did Barry look into the camera and audiences and lie to us about how his administration was going to be the most transparent, not give access to lobbyists, blah, blah, blah?

HH

Another Obbie boondoggle...

Obama health care law has unexpected beneficiaries

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-health-care-law-unexpected-beneficiaries-070739167.html

Some of the money from President Barack Obama's health care law is flowing to places you might not expect.

Two Texas public employee programs are among the top 25 beneficiaries of a $5-billion fund to shore up employer coverage for early retirees, despite Texas Gov. Rick Perry's vow to repeal what Republicans derisively call "Obamacare."

And records show the Huntsman family business, where GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman was once a top executive, received about $1 million...

Another Obbie boondoggle...

Obama health care law has unexpected beneficiaries

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-health-care-law-unexpected-beneficiaries-070739167.html

Some of the money from President Barack Obama's health care law is flowing to places you might not expect.

Two Texas public employee programs are among the top 25 beneficiaries of a $5-billion fund to shore up employer coverage for early retirees, despite Texas Gov. Rick Perry's vow to repeal what Republicans derisively call "Obamacare."

And records show the Huntsman family business, where GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman was once a top executive, received about $1 million...

Considering Texas is near the bottom in States that have a high percentage of its population without health insurance, the money should have gone to them, not public employees that retired early. If they want health insurance under the current rules, let them work until they reach 65. I really hope that the movement towards reducing the strength of public employee unions sweeps the nation and takes their retirement pension away and makes them pay for most if not all of their health care insurance. Being a public employee for 20-25 years shouldn't allow one to retire early, receiving most of their retirement and all of their benefits.

And 4 years ago,in how many ads and campaign appearances did Barry look into the camera and audiences and lie to us about how his administration was going to be the most transparent, not give access to lobbyists, blah, blah, blah?

HH

Probably the greatest speech of the 21st century was when GWB said the USA was not going

to repay back to Social Security the money the country 'borrowed' from Social Security.

I suspect he was acknowledging that the government was going to default on that loan obligation.

My guess is political reality hit Obama about transparency. The government is wrought with waste and all transparency would do is give Republicans ammo. I'm not saying he shouldn't have kept his promise. He should but by doing that you also get a Republcan party that would do nothing but finger pointing instead of trying to work to resolve issues

The fact of the matter is that very few Republicans want to work with Dems in resolving anything right now. Its all about a power grab and seizing an opportunity for a President with low numbers. The media trumpets Obama's numbers but the fact is that its all of them. Congress has far lower numbers and I recall some article a while back saying Congress' approval rating was the lowest either in a very long time or ever. A Republican dominated Congress but you don't hear the media saying that as well.

I think what many Americans are realizing is what all of us on this thread already knew. That the government is so massive and so wired into special interest that it no longer serves the people, it serves the special interest.

My guess is any politician that goes to Washington with high ideals soon sees its peeing in the ocean.

I don't think its a foregone conclusion that Obama will lose. I think that many people see that its not so much him but the system and they may not believe the Republican candidate will be any more effective than he is. Also, his mistake was compromising too much. Just my guess. It may be wishful thinking disguised as objective observation. I don't know. I have absolutely no faith that Romney can do anything and I've not heard or seen any thing from him that says different. Its the same old Republican mantra of cutting waste and lowering taxes for corporations and the rich. They almost always end up cutting programs that are needed and that hurt people like vets, the elderly, working poor, etc. and it becomes a cash boon for the rich and powerful. corporations are making tons of money. Rich people as well. Look at the Forbes 400. Many who saw their net worth drop on the Forbes 400 list four years ago have gotten most if not all of it back. Companies are profitible. They are just hoarding cash and not hiring and using the economy as an excuse. The last thing a company wants to do is hire. Its a huge added expense. Its logical. You try and make more money without incurring more expenses especially labor. You work your present workforce more. Give extra duties, ask them to stay later or work weekends. They know that there are a pile of resumes of people who would do that same job for less money. It is how it is. Cutting their taxes won't change that.

As for government waste. Big cuts must be made. The problem I have with what Republicans want to do is they want to cut things that shouldn't be cut or at least be cut carefully. They often don't cut things that need it like the defense budget.

Now I read that Republicans are fighting Obama over infrastructure spending and other parts of the job bill. Not surprised and in fact, I expected it. Its election season and the last the Republicans want is anything that may work with a Dem in office. Dems probably the same if the roles were reversed but I'd like to think not so.

Its all bullsh*t.