Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

As to the Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher as a rebuttal thingy, here are my thoughts. Both are wrong. What I find disconcerting is the weak response by Republicans, specifically Romney as well as others to condemn Limbaugh's statements.

Using Maher as a 'well, what about them?' is a weak response. Its a pathetic response. As for Maher, the major difference is something said about a public figure and a person who is not. Its not right, but whether you're a Sarah Palin, Britney Spears, etc. you chose to be a public figure and unfortunately part of the social costs are that comics and others are going to make inappropriate comments. This woman is not in the same category as Palin as a public figure. She's regarded as a private citizen and thats why there was outrage over her and not Palin. Maher was wrong, not saying he isn't but there is a difference.

Limbaugh's apologies seem to be said for financial reasons (lost sponsors) and not out of contriteness and not genuine. Had sponsors not started dropping him, would we have gotten the apology?

Its not fair but there is a double standard with respect to a Republican vs. a Democrat on saying anything sexist, racist, homophobic. The GOP has won elections by dividing Americans and playing on fears and helped maintain a divisive environment by fear mongering to white voters over latinos/immigrants, blacks and gays. Its not right but the Republicans created the bias with a history of seeming anti-gay, black, female, etc. rhetoric.

Clinton was forgiven by the women's groups for the Lewinsky affair. At the time I bashed the women's movement for the obvious double standard and for being hypocrites. Had it been a Republican that changed welfare, the NAACP and other black groups would have denounced it as nothing short of state sponsored racism. It wrong and its hypocritical.

Limbaugh was joking truth be told. He's not relevant. He's pandering for ratings. That's obvious. Its an election year and unfortunately for the GOP conservative media pundit are viewed as representative of the GOP as a whole despite their comments being their own. It is what it is.

Barbara Bush: "It's Been The Worst Campaign I've Ever Seen In My Life"

"I'm worried about this campaign. Too ugly. I really don't like it, and I think it's too bad, very much, for Mitt Romney," Former First Lady Barbara Bush said on FOX News' "The Five" today.

"I think it's been the worst campaign I've ever seen in my life," she said.

Bush and her husband, former President George H. W. Bush have endorsed Mitt Romney for the nomination.

"I'm worried about this campaign because it's too ugly. I really don't like it. And I think it's too bad and I'm very much for Mitt Romney, as is I guess my husband. I'm endorsing him for George, but … there I go again," Bush told FOX News.

"I don't like it at all. I don't like the fact, frankly, the Congress doesn't compromise on things and get together. I'm just worried about the fact and I think it's true of the president. I don't think that he works with the Congress well. It's a blame guy, instead of let's get together and get something going. And I think Mitt Romney could do that, I really do. I think he could make something happen," Bush said when asked about political infighting.

My link

Barbara Bush: "It's Been The Worst Campaign I've Ever Seen In My Life"

"I'm worried about this campaign. Too ugly. I really don't like it, and I think it's too bad, very much, for Mitt Romney," Former First Lady Barbara Bush said on FOX News' "The Five" today.

"I think it's been the worst campaign I've ever seen in my life," she said.

Bush and her husband, former President George H. W. Bush have endorsed Mitt Romney for the nomination.

"I'm worried about this campaign because it's too ugly. I really don't like it. And I think it's too bad and I'm very much for Mitt Romney, as is I guess my husband. I'm endorsing him for George, but … there I go again," Bush told FOX News.

"I don't like it at all. I don't like the fact, frankly, the Congress doesn't compromise on things and get together. I'm just worried about the fact and I think it's true of the president. I don't think that he works with the Congress well. It's a blame guy, instead of let's get together and get something going. And I think Mitt Romney could do that, I really do. I think he could make something happen," Bush said when asked about political infighting.

My link

Romney will not compromise. He will be just like Speaker John Boehner, always having to go back to Republican activists in Congress, to see if he has their support. By the way, I voted for GWB in 2000, mainly becasue of his record in getting along with Democrats in the Texas legislature. That worked out really well.

Republicans are pushing big time for Obama's original birth certificate.

Can you imagine if everybody has to get their original birth certificate?

They push for it, it plays into Obama's hands. It would be done at the state or county level probably where someone will not have him on the ballot until they prove it to them.

The national party would be hurt by it and the best thing Romney and the heirarchy could do is squash it and speak out against it strongly. Not doing so and it can be used by the Dems. It won't be Obama it will be a mouthpiece. Some Senator or whatever and Obama will play the victim. Unfair hints of racism possibly, oh, it can be milked in a bad way.

It will drive independents to Obama. It would be a hoot (wow, i really am my father) if he really wasn't born in Amerca...HAHA. Anyway, its too late. He's President and that horse has left the gate. The fringe right needs to get over it. The irony is that it was a Democrat, Hillary Clinton supporter who started it all. Wonder where he is right now?

In '08 of the two candidates there was only one that it was proven wasn't born in America...and it wasn't Obama. :p

Romney will not compromise. He will be just like Speaker John Boehner, always having to go back to Republican activists in Congress, to see if he has their support. By the way, I voted for GWB in 2000, mainly becasue of his record in getting along with Democrats in the Texas legislature. That worked out really well.

I supported Bush in '00 as well. Didn't trust Gore and couldn't stand his prudish wife. However, I keep hearing how Obama doesn't work with Congress but he's seen as weak for caving in to the Republicans. Which one is it?

They push for it, it plays into Obama's hands. It would be done at the state or county level probably where someone will not have him on the ballot until they prove it to them.

The national party would be hurt by it and the best thing Romney and the heirarchy could do is squash it and speak out against it strongly. Not doing so and it can be used by the Dems. It won't be Obama it will be a mouthpiece. Some Senator or whatever and Obama will play the victim. Unfair hints of racism possibly, oh, it can be milked in a bad way.

It will drive independents to Obama. It would be a hoot (wow, i really am my father) if he really wasn't born in Amerca...HAHA. Anyway, its too late. He's President and that horse has left the gate. The fringe right needs to get over it. The irony is that it was a Democrat, Hillary Clinton supporter who started it all. Wonder where he is right now?

In '08 of the two candidates there was only one that it was proven wasn't born in America...and it wasn't Obama. :p

McCain.