Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the principal qualifications one must meet to be eligible to the office of president. A president must:

- be a natural born citizen of the United States

- be at least thirty-five years old;

- have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

Washington and the others were qualified by having been born in what became the US. Presumably, Hamilton was not since he was born in the West Indies.

Doesn't matter where Romney's father was born, since Romney was born in the US. The Constitution says nothing about one's ancestors!

Although Obama is in election mode, he is right to some extent but talking about foreign policy and what do about certain countries has been part of the policial campaigning process for years.

War though is a line that I would not cross. The Republcan candidates come dangerously close at times to saying they'd go to war with Iran.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/iran-obama-assails-republican-candidates-beating-drums-war-195123840.html

Some of these folks have a lot of bluster and a lot of big talk," he said scornfully at his first White House press conference of 2012, but "those folks don't have a lot of responsibilities. They're not commander in chief."

"The one thing that we have not done is: We haven't launched a war. If some of these folks think that it's time to launch a war, they should say so. And they should explain to the American people exactly why they would do that and what the consequences would be," he said. "Everything else is just talk."

"When I see the casualness with which some of these folks talk about war, I'm reminded of the costs involved in war. I'm reminded of the decision that I have to make to send in terms of sending our young men and women into battle, and the impact that has on their lives, the impact it has on our national security, the impact it has on our economy," he said.

I can't see anyone in Congress or the Supreme court touching the birther thingy unless someone comes up with more concrete info that has some real teeth.

Too many people would have to be part of the lie. Obama would have been told at some point. His mother, grandparents that helped raise him, schools throughout his life, the state of Hawaii. Too many people. He's gone 40 someodd years without something that substantial being an issue and then it is all of a sudden? Nah, not buying it.

Them Injuns don't like him. :hmmm:

Obama loses Dem primary in 15 Oklahoma counties

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — President Barack Obama collected the most votes in the Oklahoma Democratic primary, but lost in 15 counties.

Oklahoma earned the nickname "reddest of the red" states after Obama's failed to win a single county in the 2008 presidential race.

My link

I can't see anyone in Congress or the Supreme court touching the birther thingy unless someone comes up with more concrete info that has some real teeth.

I can't see them pulling off the birth certificate fraud. Too difficult to do. But if he did actually get a scholarship as a foreign student (Indonesian), that would certainly say something about his honesty and integrity. If I were going to go after him for anything, that would be it ... verifying or refuting that claim.