Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Sad news about Auburn. Over a woman. One of my rules is NEVER start a fight over a woman unless you're protecting her from physical harm.

Pimps have a few rules and one of them is 'hoes choose...respect the choice'. If a woman wants to go with someone else, let her go.

As for the 5 states, been saying for a while that all presidential elections come down to the swing states. Always have for a few years now. My guess is its Ohio and Florida for sure and probably Wisconsin, Michigan and either Pennsylvania, North Carolina or Virginia this time.

As far as campaign money, Romney got more than Obama in May. First time he's gotten more than Obama in a month and although he has been getting more money and will make it close, I've not found any article that expects Romney to have more money than Obama at the end, even with Super Pac money. Obama has a lot of backing from varied niches.

Maybe Romney can or will catch him. I just haven't read where it seems a certainty. Last year there were rumors of Obama being the first one to raise a billion. He won't get there but it gives evidence to the access to money he has when it was considered a possibility.

Obama Is Losing A Stunning Amount Of African-American Support In North Carolina

President Barack Obama is rapidly losing support among African-American voters in North Carolina, a new poll out today from the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling shows.

The poll finds that Mitt Romney would get 20 percent of the African-American vote if the election were held today, compared with 76 percent for Obama. Overall, Romney has a 48 percent to 46 percent lead on Obama in the crucial swing state.

Obama received 95 percent of the support from African-Americans in North Carolina in the 2008 election, compared with just 5 percent for Republican nominee John McCain.

My link

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-african-american-vote-black-north-carolina-2012-6#ixzz1xe7ojkI7

Obama War Machine Announces Invasion of Syria

CNN reports this afternoon that the Pentagon has finalized plans to attack Syria and forcefully depose its leader, Bashar al-Assad, under the cover of securing weapons of mass destruction and preventing “sectarian violence†it has fomented by supporting and training the Free Syrian Army...

My link

"securing weapons of mass destruction"

I wonder if they have the time to come to where I am and kill my neighbor, secure what ever it is he has and then give me millions and millions in rebuilding cash....

With regards to Obama and the drop of black support in NC, I think its a good thing in some respects. I know a big complaint about black voters is that we blindly vote Democratic or for any black candidate. Although the truth is given sufficient reason in our minds we will vote for someone else (Initially Schwarzenegger got a fair amount of black votes I heard, not sure though). I'd like to see all groups who vote overwhelmingly for one ideology or type of person to look closely at others. This would include not only black americans (although middle class blacks vote much more for Republican and other candidates), but also white fundamental voters who almost always vote one sided. Same for Jews, Latinos, etc.

As for an invasion of Syria, I'm against it. If we are going to get involved I would prefer it to be an Arab league led invasion. If the moslem countries want him out, let them do the heavy lifting and we offer logistical, material and other kinds of non combat supporrt. Maybe Turkish led, whatever, but its time for the moslems to stop playing both sides.

I always smirk a little when the conservative press and pundits criticize Obama over stuff they would do themselves. Not sure if the point is 'see he's doing this! or 'see, he's doing something he said he wouldn't do' (..but we would have done the same).

Its the election period so I don't expect a lot of logic, only name calling and snide remarks from each side.

It has always seemed to me that African Americans should put their votes more or less up for auction. "Why should we support you? Give us a reason." Common sense says you negotiate. The Democrats take black voters for granted. The Republicans don't expect to get them and thus offer little. It will stay that way as long as the situation doesn't change.

While I agree that the black vote is monolithic, and maybe its me but I don't see the same said about other groups. There are a niches of folks that vote in similar fashion Gays. White fundamentals. Hawaiians voted for Carter overwhelmingly even when they knew the election was Reagans (before present agreement that says you can't project a winner until all polls are closed) Just to name a few.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/reporter-interrupted-obama-thought-finished-220343830.html

Reporter who interrupted Obama: I thought he was finished

This disgusted me. Maybe its me but the level of disrespect by people who should know better towards the office of the Presidency and to Obama personally, seems to be unprecedented. Maybe its happened to Bush and others. I don't seem to recall. Maybe some of you can remind me its not new. From the congressman saying liar, to various elected officials saying or doing (pointing a finger at him) things.

I'm not referrring to your average protestor outside the white house and such. That's been going on since the '60s anti war movement. Same for artits of all kinds (singers, painters, poets, rappers). The only outright disrespectful incident I can think of against Bush was that Iraqi who threw his shoe. As bad as Bush was politicians and the press showed him and the office the utmost courtesy.

The article has his employer backing him up. The excuse was pathetic and no one watching the video buys and his fellow reporters didn't either. The sad thing is he will become a hero of the conservatives.