Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

With 2/3 of personal bankruptcies being health care cost related, I would categorize health care as a crisis. The 'why' is rarely discussed thoroughly enough in the media. There is something simply wrong with the cost of health care in America being so outrageously high and every industrialized nation, our fellow G8 and even G20 nations have a national health care system of some sorts. Americans don't travel and live overseas much so they don't know and don't see the benefits. I had a root canal and wisdom tooth pulled in Korea for 25 bux including the meds that included valium. I'm NOT saying it should be that cheap but there are reasons its so expensive and NO ONE of note wants to address it or say why because it would bring the doctors, HMOs, big pharma, nursing unions and health insurance companies into it and they would look very, very bad. They pay off pols to keep the system costly to line their pockets. Wanting to max out as much money as you can make is not a crime. When you're elected to work for the American people and you don't its another matter. Its painfully obvious that Obama care isn't ideal. However, my biggest beef is that pols were doing cosmetic changes to health care that changed nothing especially the high cost and not addressing the core issues. Why? Because they are paid off with campaign money.

Not a good day for conservative media....

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/07/sandra-fluke-might-cost-limbaugh-and-hannity-big-contract/67698/

More Than 40 Radio Stations Might Drop Limbaugh and Hannity

The company isn't saying directly at this point. But last May, Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey complained publicly about their lost revenue following Limbaugh's remarks, with other reports indicating that both Limbaugh and Hannity are on some sort of advertising blacklist for almost all of the top 50 advertisers. Limbaugh has pushed back hard against those assertions. But in the first quarter of this year, Cumulus lost over $2 million in revenue related to talk radio

http://news.yahoo.com/why-fox-news-scandal-good-news-reza-aslan-221802800.html

Aslan appeared on the online show on Friday to promote his new book, Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth, about how the environment Jesus grew up in shaped him. But host Lauren Green didn't want to talk about the book so much as she wanted to talk about how Aslan is a Muslim. "You’re a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?" was Green's very first question. "Well, to be clear, I am a scholar of religions with four degrees, including one in the New Testament, and fluency in biblical Greek, who has been studying the origins of Christianity for two decades, who also just happens to be a Muslim," Aslan politely replied. Green doesn't give up, though, the interview goes downhill from there:

At one point Green goes so far as to accuse Aslan of hiding his religion, as if he was trying to be sneaky, or as if it matters. "Ma’am, the second page of my book says I’m a Muslim," he tells her. "Every single interview I have ever done on TV or in print says I’m a Muslim."

The whole ten minute appearance is embarrassing for the news network, even if it was an online show, for a number of reasons. As Uproxx's Josh Kurp points out: "At no point does Fox News realize the irony of persecuting someone over their religion in a discussion about Jesus." That's probably the biggest one.

But after the interview started to get passed around quietly on Saturday, and then exploded late last night after Buzzfeed called it "The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done," the outrage train was off and running. The reaction fell somewhere between praise for Aslan and disbelief at Fox News' horrible behavior. "This Fox interview with Reza Aslan is absolutely demented (& he handled it with remarkable calm)" said The New Yorker's Emily Nussbaum. Wired's Steve Silberman simply called the interview "embarrassing," as did many others. "Please, please watch this if you haven't yet. It's amazing," urged Digg editorial director David Weiner. "How fitting to watch that [Aslan] clip during a commercial break from Idiocracy," he added later. Buzzfeed's Raymond Sultan called it "the greatest thing" he's ever seen. "The level of stupidity and ignorance here is bewildering," said writer Chris Addison. "My patience would have vanished within a few minutes if I was being asked these questions," said Deadspin's Samer Kalaf. "Reza Aslan is superhuman."

Get ready for more brainwashing and dumbing down...

http://www.infowars.com/globalist-agitprop-hillary-clinton-the-miniseries/

In order to get Americans ready for president Hillary Clinton, NBC, the death merchant General Electric’s former premier Mockingbird media asset now run by the transnational Comcast, will produce a television miniseries featuring the erstwhile first lady and secretary of state.

According to NBC, the four hour propaganda event will “recount Clinton’s life as a wife, mother, politician and cabinet member†from 1988 to the present. It will likely air before a gaggle of handpicked and groomed demopublican candidates join the pre-selection corporate media dog and pony show in the spring or summer of 2015, thus avoiding running afoul of the government’s campaign laws, which are, of course, a standing joke.

The miniseries will not cover Clinton’s earlier life or touch upon her husband’s role as an informer for the CIA. Roger Morris, a member of the association of retired intelligence officers, wrote a book, Partners in Power: The Clintons and Their America, documenting the Rhodes scholar Bill Clinton’s recruitment by the agency as a spy. It was his job to keep tabs on the antiwar movement. “Rhodes scholars such as Mr. Clinton were favorite targets for recruitment,†writes Ambrose Evans-Pritchard.

“In the mid-1970s the CIA shredded its archives on Operation Chaos. One of those involved in the purge of the records told Morris that he had seen Bill Clinton listed as a former informant who went on to run for political office,†Evans-Pritchard continues. “Mr. Clinton’s alleged ties to the CIA would explain some later episodes during his tenure as Governor of Arkansas, when his state became a staging-point for President Ronald Reagan’s secret effort to supply the Nicaraguan Contra rebels.â€..

The miniseries will not cover Hillary’s duplicitous and unethical behavior during the Watergate hearings. Hillary Rodham was fired by Jerry Zeifman, a Democrat, who supervised the 27-year-old lawyer. “Because she was a liar,†Zeifman explained. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.â€..

"produce a television miniseries featuring the erstwhile first lady and secretary of state." for a moment there I read that as miseries .

" supervised the 27-year-old lawyer. “Because she was a liar,†Zeifman explained. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.â€.." 27 yr old women (let's face it she was never a girl) will say anything to get what they want, I know I've got one...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_POVERTY_STRUGGLING_WHITES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-07-29-03-59-28 Hardship is particularly growing among whites, based on several measures. Pessimism among that racial group about their families' economic futures has climbed to the highest point since at least 1987. In the most recent AP-GfK poll, 63 percent of whites called the economy "poor."....While racial and ethnic minorities are more likely to live in poverty, race disparities in the poverty rate have narrowed substantially since the 1970s, census data show. Economic insecurity among whites also is more pervasive than is shown in the government's poverty data, engulfing more than 76 percent of white adults by the time they turn 60...Marriage rates are in decline across all races, and the number of white mother-headed households living in poverty has risen to the level of black ones...

Nationwide, the count of America's poor remains stuck at a record number: 46.2 million, or 15 percent of the population, due in part to lingering high unemployment following the recession. While poverty rates for blacks and Hispanics are nearly three times higher, by absolute numbers the predominant face of the poor is white.

More than 19 million whites fall below the poverty line of $23,021 for a family of four, accounting for more than 41 percent of the nation's destitute, nearly double the number of poor blacks.

Sometimes termed "the invisible poor" by demographers, lower-income whites generally are dispersed in suburbs as well as small rural towns, where more than 60 percent of the poor are white

How the right and Fox News distorts claims of welfare and food stamps.

Here's a guy who used "welfare" to obtain a college degree now condemns such.

"The Pinocchio Test

Sessions — who says he went to college on Pell Grants, which he lists as a welfare program — clearly wants to jar some of the conventional wisdom about anti-poverty programs. Calling attention to their cost and questioning their effectiveness are certainly worthy endeavors for a lawmaker.

But he runs into trouble with his chart and the shorthand description he gave at the hearing. The comparison to medium income is specious, given that it does not include health-care benefits, while the cost per household appears inflated, given that the programs he lists cover a whole range of programs that assist more than just those in poverty. As we noted on Wednesday, it is a matter of opinion what to consider “welfare.†But the presentation in the chart is simply misleading."

LINK

Bradley Manning acquitted of aiding the enemy for giving secrets to WikiLeaks

But convicted of a lot of other stuff.

"Manning was convicted of six espionage counts, five theft charges, a computer fraud charge and other military infractions. Manning's sentencing hearing is set to begin Wednesday."

http://www.cbsnews.c...s-to-wikileaks/

p.s. Strikes me as a fair decision. He knew what he was doing. He surely expected to get burned for it, especially the embassy correspondence. Reportedly, the Chinese government got the names and details of all dissidents who had been in contact with the US embassy in Beijing.

This is scary...

Obamacare Supporters Sign Petition For “Mandatory Euthanasia†Of Senior Citizens

http://www.infowars.com/obamacare-supporters-sign-petition-for-mandatory-euthanasia-of-senior-citizens/

A video clip posted to YouTube by activist Mark Dice shows supporters of Obamacare blindly signing a petition calling for “mandatory euthanasia†under the new health law.

Dice was able to gather several signatures for the fake petition, telling people in San Diego that they were signing to support putting senior citizens “to sleep†in order to save healthcare costs.

“All I needed to do was mention the key words ‘Will you help Obama’ and people sign just about anything,†Dice noted.

In one exchange with a young male passer by, the Social commentator states “This is supporting a euthanasia program to kill senior citizens.†The man responds with the question “if I sign this am I helping to kill old people or helping not to kill them? When Dice explained that “yeah, you’re going to help put them down like you put down your dog,†the man grabbed the petition and said “yeah lets do this,†signing his name with glee and telling Dice “awesome, thank you.â€...