Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

In the DC mayor situation, it was gays who were being intolerant! Gay activists hate those who stop being gay, since it undermines the claim that some people are born gay and have no choice. Unfortunately, this gospel singer proved them wrong. It is the same with the unbelievable hostility of gay activists towards psychiatric help for gays who want to become heterosexual. It is all right for a person "trapped in the wrong body" to have "gender reassignment surgery", but it is forbidden for gay people to change their sexual orientation. No one goes out and pounces on gays, trying to force them to become heterosexual, so what is the problem? The only gays who seek help are those those gays unhappy with their situation and want to change it. But the gay activists want to deny it to them.

Rand Slams Congress for Funding Egypt's Generals: 'How Does Your Conscience Feel Now?'

Sen. Rand Paul is hammering his fellow senators for keeping billions in financial aid flowing to Egypt's military -- even as Cairo's security forces massacre anti-government activists.

"This is something that those who voted in Congress are going to have to live with," Paul told The Cable on Thursday. "The question is: How does their conscience feel now as they see photographs of tanks rolling over Egyptian civilians?"

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/08/15/rand_paul_slams_congress_for_aiding_egypt_how_does_your_conscience_feel_now

Rand Paul is going nowhere.

Can't figure if he says these things to stir up his base or if he is stupid.

Anyone who comprehends the minimum of history knows that the Suez Canal is crucial to international commerce. That the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel is one of the cornerstones of peace for the region and beyond.

Rand Paul is one more reason that the Republicans will loose the next presidential election/2016.

The Democrats are quite happy that there is a Ron Paul and a Rand Paul.

In the DC mayor situation, it was gays who were being intolerant! Gay activists hate those who stop being gay, since it undermines the claim that some people are born gay and have no choice. Unfortunately, this gospel singer proved them wrong. It is the same with the unbelievable hostility of gay activists towards psychiatric help for gays who want to become heterosexual. It is all right for a person "trapped in the wrong body" to have "gender reassignment surgery", but it is forbidden for gay people to change their sexual orientation. No one goes out and pounces on gays, trying to force them to become heterosexual, so what is the problem? The only gays who seek help are those those gays unhappy with their situation and want to change it. But the gay activists want to deny it to them.

from an interview...

I used to be Gay, but I had to give it up...

Interviewer: Why?

It made my eyes water...

Michael Gambon

The elected government of Egypt has no power over the peace treaty with Israel or the Suez Canal. The generals are the TRUE power. They gave up Mubarak to keep the peace. They are rich, they have their own untouchable businesses that makes them millions and they will not give it up and the people can't force them to because they have the guns. The Muslim Brotherhood's situation is as I thought it would be. A while back I said, don't worry about them. Once they get in power they will have to learn to deal with kitchen table issues. Theocracies are terrible at that. They MB have no say in the peace treaty. Trust me on this. The military won't let them. There are issues that the military lets any elected leadership knows that are off the table for discussion. Of those 1. The peace treaty with Israel 2. The control of the Suez Canal and 3. The military owned businesses. Those are non starters. They can do whatever the hell they want with other things but not those. They are to keep the peace. If they can't and the people are too unhappy and it becomes international, then they will arbitrarily remove them. The military gets tons of funding from the U.S. and doesn't want to end there. Egypt was the broker between sides in the middle east, one of the 'moderate' voices of reason and I say that within context of the middle east and its losing that reputation.

Rand Paul won't win a national campaign. Even his dad in a recent interview seems to have distanced himself a little from him. Christie is the best hope against Hillary right now. Unless someone we haven't heard of steps up. The far right kills its party's best hopes (Huntsman, Johnson, etc.) The Tea Party and religious right have dragged it down. Obama was very beatable. In '08 the financial crisis helped Obama, he was vulnerable before that, very much so, even with the Axlerod algorithm thingy he has. Moderate voices are being silenced and they are catering to a niche (protestant white male) that is shrinking. Some voices are trying to get the latino vote. They have given up totally on the black vote. They aren't even gonna try and most likely still use the fear tactic again with regards to the black vote to build up other segments. They are losing young white women. Young white women grew up with title 9 and totally legal abortion. They grew up with that being a right. They grew up being told making abortion illegal is akin to men having control over their bodies in Women Studies classes and most women these days will take one of those in college as an elective. They lost the Asian vote, a totally gettable vote. A niche that can certainly identify with Republican core values but they alienate anyone who isn't a white male. I knew a fair amount of black conservatives. I would say at least half are no longer Republicans. They don't feel welcomed. Powell epitomizes their discomfort with the party. Palin's "shucking and jiving' comment, other comments and voter registration issues designed soley to limit voting. Even my very conservative brother is still a Republican but he's a bit dissatisfied (he's the sole Republican of all my brothers). My sister was a fundamental right Republican. She voted for Obama last election. Never thought I'd see that. She voted for Bush twice. It goes to show you how much they have alienated some people. Yeah, you will still hear the Larry Elders, etc. support them but truth is they make tons of money towing the party line. I recall Thomas Sowell in an interview with Elder saying there may be riots if Obama wasn't elected. I was stunned at such a statement. For one, it would never happen and he knows that. He is towing the party line and I thought he had more integrity than that statement. I read several of his books and enjoyed it. Anyway, the party leaders are pragmatists but the fringe aren't.

It wasn't the clown. It was what the clown said on the PA system to the crowd. He was off script.

The right wingnut media would wish all to believe it was just a mask. No mention of what was said.

"SEDALIA, Mo. (KSDK) - The rodeo clown who donned an Obama mask during a show at the Missouri State Fair over the weekend has been permanently banned from performer there ever again.

In a statement released to the media Monday afternoon, the commission apologized again for the rodeo clown's actions and said they were inappropriate and not keeping with the fair's standards.

The commission unanimously voted to ratify a decision by Missouri State Fair Director Mark Wolfe to ban the rodeo clown who wore the mask. The clown was not identified.

Albert S. Watkins, the attorney for Mark Ficken, the rodeo announcer at the Missouri State Fair, said the clown went off script and was the one who made the controversial comments about the president.

A witness who provided NewsChannel 5 with video and pictures of the clown claimed the announcer "whipped the audience into a lather" by repeatedly asking attendees if they wanted to see "Obama run down by a bull."

Some Democratic Missouri lawmakers are suggesting that the state should reconsider its annual funding for the fair in Sedalia.

NewsChannel 5 viewers can share their video responses on this incident via Instagram and Vine. Just make sure to tag your videos #ksdknews."

LINK

Man Died Of Apparent Heart Attack After Cops Barged Into Home

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A Brooklyn man who died Thursday may have literally been scared to death by police investigating the theft of a cellphone, the man’s family said Friday.

Carlos Alcis, 43, died of an apparent heart attack early Thursday morning after police entered his Brownsville home. Police said they knocked and that Alcis let them in; his family said officers barged in around 5 a.m. and the father of nine and others in the basement apartment were awakened during the commotion, WCBS 880′s Ginny Kosola reported.

“The police put the flashlight on my face,†said Emmanuel Alcis, Carlos Alcis’ 15-year-old son whom police initially believed was a suspect in the cellphone theft. “I look up, and I couldn’t see who was it.â€

While police were inside the apartment, Carlos Alcis suffered an apparent heart attack. His family said the man had no history of heart problems.

Carlos Alcis’ brother, Rudy, said when the family awakened, police were already inside the apartment and that officers did nothing in the 30 minutes after Carlos Alcis fell to the ground. Officers said they performed CPR on Alcis, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.

“With more than 10 police officers inside of the house, my nephew here had to call 911 for my brother,†Rudy Alcis said.

The Alcis family spoke to reporters at the office of their attorney, Sanford Rubenstein, who said he is awaiting autopsy results but declined to reveal whether he is considering a lawsuit.

“We have a man who died, who might be alive today, had this whole series of events not occurred,†Rubenstein said.

Officers responded to an early-morning report of a strong-arm robbery at Rockaway Parkway and Kings Highway. Upon arrival, they were met by a 21-year-old woman who said she was punched in the face and robbed of her phone, police said.

With the alleged victim in one of their cars, officers then canvassed the neighborhood and saw the suspect run into a building at 379 Rockaway Parkway, police said. Responding officers then began to search the building, knocking on doors until they reached the Alcises’ apartment. Police spoke to Emmanuel Alcis and showed him to the victim, who said he was not the thief, police said.

Police announced the arrest of a 16-year-old in connection with the cellphone robbery on Friday night.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/08/16/brooklyn-family-man-died-of-apparent-heart-attack-after-cops-barged-into-home/