Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"Why has the American male changed?"

It's not just the males, I saw a female Trumpanzee today on the fox. She was spitting that  "the Jews shoulda had guns" in the recent synagogue shooting. You could see the hatred oozing from her eyes.

I blame the particular brands of fire and brimstone christianity that the USA has been fostering these last 200 years.

10 hours ago, Coss said:

"Why has the American male changed?"

It's not just the males, I saw a female Trumpanzee today on the fox. She was spitting that  "the Jews shoulda had guns" in the recent synagogue shooting. You could see the hatred oozing from her eyes.

I blame the particular brands of fire and brimstone christianity that the USA has been fostering these last 200 years.

The women aren't shooting up cinemas, schools, public gatherings, etc. 

There has always been bigotry. Jews, Italians, Catholics, Irish, Blacks, Chinese, Japanese, etc pretty much everyone, its the recent random violence that is a head scratcher. 

Steve, trying as I am , to steer clear of the debate on the synagogue shooting, I'll post the following as it continues the theme.

And demonstrates, at least to me, that my/our/most people's cautions and warnings, about, in your face - christian - right wing - gun toting folk, are looking to be correct.

___

The man who allegedly killed 11 people and wounded six others in an anti-Semitic attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue could face the death penalty, authorities said.  Authorities identified the suspect as Robert Bowers, 46, of Baldwin, Pennsylvania.

Authorities say Bowers’ attack on the synagogue is a hate crime. According to federal charging documents, Bowers told an officer, “I just want to kill Jews.”

Prior to the shooting, someone with the username Robert Bowers posted multiple anti-Semitic and anti-immigrant messages on the social networking site Gab.  

Hours before the shooting, the user posted: “HIAS likes to bring in invaders that kill our people. I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I’m going in.”  

HIAS, the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, is a nonprofit organization that provides humanitarian aid and assistance to refugees.  

Gab is a competitor of Twitter that says it puts “free speech first.” It has a large following among members of the so-called alt-right and other conservative groups. ...

http://time.com/5436894/robert-bowers-pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting/

The U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania announced late Saturday that Bowers was being charged with 29 counts based on federal hate crimes laws.

Included in the charges are 11 counts of obstruction of religious beliefs resulting in death.  Of those, 22 counts are potentially punishable by the death penalty, U.S. Attorney Scott Brady said Sunday.  

• Eleven counts of Obstruction of Exercise of Religious Beliefs Resulting in Death (18 U.S.C. §§ 247(a)(2) and 247(d)(1))  

• Eleven counts of Use of a Firearm to Commit Murder During and in Relation to a Crime of Violence (18 U.S.C. §§ 924(c)(1)(A) and 924(j)(1)  

• Four counts of Obstruction of Exercise of Religious Beliefs Resulting in Bodily Injury to a Public Safety Officer 18 U.S.C. §§ 247(a)(2) and 247(d)(3))  

• Three counts of Use and Discharge of a Firearm During and in Relation to a Crime of Violence (18 U.S.C. §§ 924(c)(1)(A) and 924(iii))  

What was the gunman armed with?  Bowers was armed with a Colt AR-15 SP1 assault rifle and three Glock .357 SIG-caliber semi-automatic handguns, authorities said at a press conference Sunday. Authorities said all four weapons were fired during the shooting. He was injured in confrontation with officers and transported to a local hospital, where an official at the press conference said he was in fair condition.

GlockFamily.png.e87d206420dbad252142e83b9aa92416.png

The Christian right though are the main supporters of Israel and AIPAC. This guy isn't part of them it seems. Just your good old fashioned, run of the mill anti semitic nut job. 

https://www.pri.org/stories/2018-05-14/trump-netanyahu-take-evangelical-support-new-level

As far as evangelicals. They have been on the wrong side of EVERY major social movement. They were for slavery, against the women's right to vote in 1919, for Jim Crow and segregation, against the Civil Rights movement, for the Vietnam war, against the women's right movement, and recently against gay marriage. 

I'm defining evangelicals as mainly the ones in the south and midwest and these days in other areas. Extremely hypocritical. They used to say they support a Christian over a non Christian until Obama, a born again Christian ran against a Mormon, a religion they consider non Christian. 

I understand that there are feckless morons in our societies, but in general, the USA seems to be the only place, where they've bred to be, a voting block of significant size, in NZ they are there, but are in a small minority. One hopes that the voting in the next week or so will sort them out.

Unfortunately no, there are fairly monolithic voting blocks for certain niches/groups. It is what it is. Only some life changing event can change that. It has happened though, the south were Republican up until Lincoln and the Civil War then it changed to Democrat and then it changed back to Republican after the Civil Rights movement. 

Blacks voted Republican pretty much as a group until FDR in the 40s largely because of his wife who was very progressive and would touir the military bases asking commanders why weren't more blacks in command positions, etc. Many Blacks in the south remained Republican due to Lincoln (freeing the slaves). Northern cities remained Democrat, the Irish voted Democrat as a block.

Latinos in Calinfornia voted largely as Democrats due to some anti Immigration laws in the early 90s, they turned California from a fairly solid red state to Blue since every Presidential election since 92.