Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Well, we be can sure he wasn't born in Indonesia. His step father at the time was Indonesian so that probably explains that. Had he been listed as Kenyan then I'd go hmmmm....if he gave up American citizenship or rather his parents did for him (is that possible?) then he would conceivably have to re-apply for it and there would be a public record of that. So, it stands to reason they lied about his citizenship in order for him to attend school there. He's a Christian now, not that it matters and in America I know in Philly plenty of non Cathlolics including Asians who are buddhist, Muslims, or those whose parent(s) profess to be, as well as Jews who attend catholic schools because the education was better (despite the nuns whacking the hell out of you).

With regards to the Conn. ssn, this happened at the age he was in HS. So we know he did not orchestrate it if it was some sort of subterfuge.

These things, if it did happen, seemingly happened without his knowledge. There would have to be an ongoing family coverup that they made privy to him when he was of age and he continued the charade and knowing this ran for President (and prior to that the Senate) knowing full well there would be an intense scrutiny of his background.

Yes, candidates have always tried to cover up facts about themselves, this one, at least a constitutional matter such as birth seems a bit too much. If it was drugs, affairs, etc., I could see it, birth and the circumstances surrounding the allegations seems a bit too much. However, you never know.

Edited by Guest

A bit interesting about Social Security...didn't know that the Democrats did so much damage to the SS system :stirthepo

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65% on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore,would

only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore up to 85% of your Social Security can be taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month --

and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put

away' -- you may be interested in the following:

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.

Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them,

even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe changes will evolve.

I wouldn't argue against those facts Cav. Wouldn't want to. In fact there are a whole bunch of other sh*t the Dems have f*cked up...and royally.

However...(and you know there would be.hehehe), the Republicans have their f*ck ups as well and as big. Its just a different f*ck up.

Unfortunately, all of it, from both sides affects us all.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110419/pl_nm/us_arizona_birther

Arizona Governor vetoes 'Birther' bill. Had passed anyone runnng for office in that state would have had to provide proof of their birth and it was up to the sect'y of state to determine what met the requirements. Lets call it what it was, an Obama bill..lol.

This is a slippery slope. I wonder if it will be in other states and if they as expected detrmine Obama has not satisfied them with the appropriate proof? I would expect filings in the state supreme court and if they uphold it, the Surpreme Court. Wonder what they would do? Imagine the repurcussions? I think it would backfire eventually. Keeping the debate alive only works if it converts neutrals. Those that were opposed to Obama won't vote for him and it could embolden his supporters or those that once voted for him but were gonna stay home to come out.

Interesting.

My guess is she's seen the political landscape and probably agrees but sees more harm than good in the bill either for her politically and/or the state.

I also don't think if it was passed how any state can win if eventually if it said that Obama's birth is not clear.

My reasoning is if Hawaii says he was born there and issued a document sayiing that then it has to be accepted I would think if its for the office of President. An Arizona office, they can probably get away with it it, but its the states that verfify birth and a lawyer can argue that point that if another state is basically saying another state's document is not legal when its accepted federally as legal because that document was used to get a US passport, etc.

Also if the state says they don't have enough proof to verify he's American or born in America the persons lawyer can say that has already been established and the person is already recognized by the government as American. A state from what I understand can't say someone is not American that the federal government says is American. Isn't the federal government the only body that determines American citizenship? The state determines state residency but not American citizenship.

The Arizona bill was obviously aimed at Obama, but I don't really see anything that wrong with it. We - everyone of us - have to show our birth certificate to get a passport. The hospital issued birth certificate I'd used all through school and university wasn't enough, and I had to order a very detailed one from the state before they'd issue me a US passport. Is running for and holding high public office somehow less important than simply receiving an ordinary passport? :dunno: