Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

70.... out of 6000...? wow... (kind of... well maybe a little "wow")

Coincidence - an anomaly?

"Nearly three years after the destruction of Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, at least 70 U.S. Navy sailors who participated in relief efforts after the accident have been suffering from radiation sickness and even cancer as the crew of the USS Ronald Reagan was exposed to fallout.

“I was standing on the flight deck, and we felt this warm gust of air, and, suddenly, it was snowing,†sailor Lindsay Cooper told the New York Post in an interview published Monday. The metallic-tasting snow was caused by the freezing Pacific air that mixed with the radioactive fallout from the Fukushima power plant that was wrecked in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami."

LINK

Coincidence - an anomaly?

"Nearly three years after the destruction of Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, at least 70 U.S. Navy sailors who participated in relief efforts after the accident have been suffering from radiation sickness and even cancer as the crew of the USS Ronald Reagan was exposed to fallout.

“I was standing on the flight deck, and we felt this warm gust of air, and, suddenly, it was snowing,†sailor Lindsay Cooper told the New York Post in an interview published Monday. The metallic-tasting snow was caused by the freezing Pacific air that mixed with the radioactive fallout from the Fukushima power plant that was wrecked in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami."

LINK

What is needed is the average number that get sick from radiation, which I do not have. The safety efforts that are taken on the nuke boats

is quite excellent, so I would expect a very, very small number, meaning that there is radioactive fallout from the Fukushima power plant that did in fact make those 70 sick...IMO

Robert Gates, former defense secretary, offers harsh critique of Obama’s leadership in ‘Duty’

"Gates, a Republican, writes about Obama with an ambivalence that he does not resolve, praising him as “a man of personal integrity†even as he faults his leadership. Though the book simmers with disappointment in Obama, it reflects outright contempt for Vice President Biden and many of Obama’s top aides.

Biden is accused of “poisoning the well†against the military leadership. Thomas Donilon, initially Obama’s deputy national security adviser, and then-Lt. Gen. Douglas E. Lute, the White House coordinator for the wars, are described as regularly engaged in “aggressive, suspicious, and sometimes condescending and insulting questioning of our military leaders.â€"

Mr. Gates saved some of his stiffest criticism for members of Congress:

“But when they went into an open hearing, and the little red light went on atop a television camera, it had the effect of a full moon on a werewolf,†he said."

http://www.washingto...c9a7_print.html :dunno:

Gates leaves the door open for Hilary.

Might be a job opening in the next administration !

"According to an early writeup of the book by Bob Woodward of The Washington Post, Gates at times writes reverently about Clinton, who is expected to decide later this year whether to pursue a presidential bid.

“I found her smart, idealistic but pragmatic, tough-minded, indefatigable, funny, a very valuable colleague, and a superb representative of the United States all over the world,†Gates wrote."

LINK