Scotland Thread

The_Munchmaster

If I have enough to drink, I can sing in Welsh, Erse, Breton or any other language. At least people tell me I surely can't be speaking English.

My Scots folks came to America long ago. My Gordons came after one of them got killed at Culloden. That's going back even before my time. And of course Captain John Gordon had to join in the American Revolution and get himself whacked and scalped by the English-led Shawnee. Just can't seem to get it right. The Welsh goes back even a century before that, 1650s Virginia.

My DNA shows I'm supposed to be one of the 3 million or so descendants of Nial of the Nine Hostages, the Irish king who father almost more sons than anyone in recorded history.

http://www.familytreedna.com/landing/matching-niall.aspx

I quit smoking years ago and I hate tattoos. I love the music though, especially the Yanks playing Jacobite tunes. :xmascheer

I have a friend who's a piper. Not a whole lot in the USA. The neighbours all moved when he took up the pipes! :D

p.s. I remember seeing Chinese pipers in Hong Kong before the Crown Colony lost its independence.