building a Thai kitchen

tartempion

after many months of insisting I freed up a budget to make the long awaited and discussed Thai kitchen.

Sure when she fries anything Thai our whole house smells like fish :argue:

Thus we found 3 guys in the village and will pay them 15k to build the thing: 540x910cm exactly, measuring the concrete slab, a covered area to sit/eat/relax (ND and Dumbcunt, you're welcome when the thing will be finished in a week or two, or make it next week if DC is stil around?), the kitchen properly 4*2.5m with two doors and 3 windows. Roof is on and walls are built.

Cooking area for gas cooker, came home yesterday after a day in Udon, a worker made a 1m high wall and don't know how he did it but saw some metal grill he used from concrete leftover to cover and verse cement on top. It all fell down, 555555, GF also found it funny. Today they don't work, Buddha day ya know, will advice tomorrow to use metal bars on the 1m wall to support the cooking slab.

Expense so far 85k, still need to buy two doors (found painted ready door at 2200B and wooden windows covers) Bought rather 45sqm expensive tiles yesterday at 300b sqm, did not find anything to our taste at 150-200b sqm.

also need gas cooker and table/chairs. All other stuff is here (electricity material etc)

Picture will follow when I find out how to post pics and closer to finishing.

P.S. can park the samlor there at night.

An absolute necessity IMHO

Just after we finished building the house (almost 2 years ago now) there was a huge storm (mainly wind) that totally demolished our old Thai Kitchen...out the back

Had no choice but to rebuild.

Just didn't want the smell of fried chilli or Pla tu wafting through the house...

Ours is an open air affair...approx 7 metres x 12 metres...with another storage room approx 5m x 3m adjoining

Has all the Thia stuff out there now

2 x 2 burner gas set ups

Charcoal cookers

Silk Loom

couple of wooden / bamboo tables to sit on

moto cys

etc etc

amazing how quickly they filled it

My builder built the thing out of all the leftover materials and stuff from the old house....only things I had to buy were bags of cement, sand & stone (for the slab & pathway) and bags of nails

5 guys spent 3 weeks in construction.....total outlay 35k

At 15k you've done exceptionally well

C ya at the weekend

Cheers DC

Archived