Cleaning Part of a 1TB Hard Drive

Hamokhamok

Suggestions needed please.

I've a 1 Tb hard drive that is used to backup systems etc.

Some of the backups are no longer required as the PC they are associated with is no longer in use.

I've been deleting the files in the normal way but I find that I've millions of files to delete and it is taken a long time.

Can anyone suggest an easier way of doing this. Obviously there are numerous other directories/files that I don't wish to delete, some of which are backups from my present PC.

Is there any software that could be used to identify specific areas of the hard drive to just delete in a block, these files that are no longer needed.

Thanks everyone.

Second option isn't on at the moment at least.

The drive is also used as a backup for the desktop PC so I'd be left with no backup if I reformatted the drive.

It look as if its a delete job all the way.

There is no hurry to do it but it just takes ages because when I delete the file I then have to go in to the Recycle Bin and then delete them from there.

Been there and done that...more than once. If the famous cav whole enchilada is not possible dick around with your settings to make sure that hidden files are shown.

In windows vista it is in control panel, then appearance and personalisation. Look around. If is on a separate drive and it is a hidden folder it is not critical for your PC.

Archived