need room in bangkok

dingsbumst69

<< 200 m from the UTCC campus, longish walk to MRT ... >

Like a couple of miles!

<< Bangkok Rentals Between 5-1000 THB/Mo

At the time of writing, 5,000 Thai Baht equates to around $155 US dollars. The standard of living improves quite a bit when paying over 5,000 THB/Month in rental costs (especially in other towns and cities around the country). For 5,000 Baht and over, you can expect a living space of between 28-35 SQM. It will be in a good central location and not too far from a BTS (Skytrain) or MRT (Underground Train) station. The room will have air conditioning as standard, a king or queen sized bed, Cable TV, telephone, refrigerator, bathroom, and a small balcony. More common these days too is a wireless internet connection, but this usually offered at an optional cost for those who want it.

On the ground floor there is likely to be key-card security door access for residents (plus a 24 hour security guard out front), a minimart, laundry service, beauty salon, and in some, a very reasonably priced restaurant that will include room service at no extra cost. The down side is that you may be asked to secure at least a 3 month commitment for which there will be a contact drawn up and a deposit put down. >>

Link

<< [color:red]Lat Prao soi 1 is close to both BTS and MRT. Most rooms there are between 2300- 4600 per month, and utilities will run another 1200 a month or so. Plus internet and phone.

Further up Lat Prao (soi 40ish) the rent is much cheaper(1800 with air), but not close to BTS or MRT.

[/color]

Also Sukhumvit soi 93 has Nilan (spelling?) condo, and rooms there are 2300 with air for rent, 1800 without air. Convenient to BTS.

I know there are more, but the really cheap ones are further away from BTS and MRT.

EDIT: The Internet is of limited use to do the research because many properties don't bother with websites or Internet listings. Those that do are either for more expensive places or have sites so badly put together that they're difficult to understand, and agents tend to focus on 30,000 baht and up - so both ways it is a bit hard.

That said- I have found this:

http://www.mrroomfinder.com/ - apartments throughout Bangkok and Thailand. I think more than 300 listings below 5000 a month.

http://www.grandhitechtower.com/price.ht… - apartment, has small rooms for 4000, 5000, and 6000 per month. All have air.

You might even try Craig’s list for Thailand. I have not used the Thai site, but I would imagine there might be something there. I think the site is bangkok.craigslist.co.th anyway, you can try that. I know that several teachers live at city mansion, so if you Google city mansion Bangkok you might try that as well. I want to say that the rooms there are fairly cheap (well under 5000 / month).

I know that there are several places in Bangkok that are in the 1800 - 2300 baht per month range that only cater to Thais, and since I am not Thai I have no contact info. :(

Anyway, I hope this is a good start. >>

Link

These official pics are the length they are supposed to be. Yeah, right! ;)

You should see the students after they graduate! Some showed up for graduation practice in what almost seemed to be tutus. I've seen grad students dress that way for class!

Now how can I get to teach graduate classes there. :hmmm:

Archived