2 Police Officers and Suspect Killed During Miami Shootout

Bangkoktraveler

And, in contrast, there are places in the US where having a black face could still get you killed. Or, just being from the wrong neighborhood (or hood/gang area). Some places are just prejudiced and dangerous. Pays to know where you are going and the possible dangers/problems you may encounter. There are areas one should be alerted to in most all major cities, and many smaller cities and towns... everywhere in the world.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't think of any part of Bangkok I'd be afraid to go to. There are places in Atlanta where having a white face could get me killed.

Or a black face. In fact, I'd say being black is more of a target in a lot of rough areas than being white. Black on black crime is far, far higher. If you go to Techwood Homes projects in Atlanta depending on your age and how you're dressed they'd think you're there to score drugs, undercover police or NARC squad, some sort of city worker (garbage, postale, etc.). All those people would not be bothered usually. Plenty of white postal, city workers go to the rought areas every day and don't get bothered. Believe it or not you won't get bothered nearly as likely as I would just wearing street clothes. Its a cultural/territorial thing.

Archived