BMA should liberate our footpath

Flashermac

<< [color:red]The university has land-title deeds for the footpath[/color], which has long served the public and been overseen by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. >>

Public, huh. :hmmm:

<< CU tried to ban the roadside stalls along the footpath for nicer landscape by putting flowerpots there, but hundreds of street vendors loudly protested, blocked some traffic lanes on Rama I Road, and later removed the flowerpots. >>

Maybe I'm missing some thing.

WTF do I know. If you own some land and let people walk on it, that means they can set up shop on it too. :hmmm:

How nasty of Chula to try to keep the vendors off of their property. They had every right to remove those potted plants so they could set up shop wherever they wanted. :nono:

So since Chula "is a government uni" - which it no longer is, by the way - I suppose the people can just move onto the campus and set up shop too. :dunno:

Okay, legal beagles. Speak now or forever hold you piece. ;)

The students at Thammasat and Chula are fantastic. However, the instruction varies considerably. Generally speaking, the younger the lecturers, the better they are. Many of the older archans insist on the students sitting quietly and absorbing like a sponge. Students who ask difficult questions are viewed as troublemakers.

Archived