Cluster fcuk

Palatkik

It seems the argument is one of definition. The Thai military says the rounds are not cluster bombs, but the Cambodians insist they are.

So the rounds are from China. They don't look like any I saw in RVN. US artillery fired rounds containing bomblets with wings that popped out so they would land properly and becoming sort of bouncing betty mines. We hated the damned things, since they would hang up in trees and sometimes drop on friendlies who happened to walk through the area long after they'd been fired. :(

p.s. Of course the Cambodians intentionally fired on civilian targets with rockets and artillery, but that's all right. :dunno:

I was in the Central Highlands of RVN. Instead of New Guinea type jungle as I'd expected, we had hardwood forests with high canopy cover. Underneath it was almost clear of vegetation. The 155mm howitzers fired the rounds at the NVA, and many of the dang bomblets would catch in the tree tops. An infantry patrol passing by would shag them loose, our patrols and the bad guys. :(

Archived