3 teenagers smash country`s entire values

buffalo_bill

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest figures:

Total dead from Songkran - 224

Total injured - 3,172

But that's not obscene. Three young women baring their boobs for a few minutes is. What do these politicians use for brains? No wonder the country is farked whichever political party is running it. :(

Latest figures:

Total dead from Songkran - 224

Total injured - 3,172

But that's not obscene. Three young women baring their boobs for a few minutes is. What do these politicians use for brains? No wonder the country is farked whichever political party is running it. :(

How many died because of bare tits?

I think it was the BKK post that had an expose on the terrible activities going on around Suk Soi 78...did some recon do there last night and it is totally a Thai area, with available ladies sitting in the windows of small shop houses, with many a taxi pulling up to gather a lady of their choice.

I was the ONLY farang to be seen there. If you cannot speak Thai, don't bother to make a visit.

ST was quoted at 2,000 Baht. Difficult to get a quote on LT, as they did not want to do LT, but I was getting prices of 4,000 Baht.

It appeared that ST rooms were not available.

Now these were farang prices, no attempt was made for a discount.

Many a nice looking lady, say from 18 to 30 years old.

When (if) the BTS ever opens down this way, it is a short walk from the end of the BTS to Soi 78.

...but I'm sure this area is the result of all the bad, bad farang 55555555555555555555555

Topless teenage revellers fined B500 for obscenity

Three teenage girls, who danced topless before a crowd of Songkran revellers, said they did it purely out of fun, according to police.

The three surrendered to police last night, said Metropolitan Police Division 6 chief Suwat Jaengyotsuk.

As a mainly male audience cheered and the trio's festive mood skyrocketed, they took off their shirts and danced topless on a car roof on Friday, the last day of the Songkran festival, near the intersection of Silom and Narathiwat Ratchanakharin roads.

"They claimed they were not drunk," said Pol Maj Gen Suwat.

The three, whose names and faces have not been revealed (but whose boobs have been), appeared at a police station in Thonburi last night.

Yannawa police chief Monchai Sriprasert said the girls "feel embarrassed".

[color:red]They are aged between 14 and 16 years old, police said, and they were fined 500 baht each on obscenity charges.[/color]

Anybody who has distributed video footage of their topless dance over the internet should also face charges, Pol Col Monchai said.

Police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri said those who cheered the girls on and urged them to take off their clothes should be considered supporters of the crime, although they will not be prosecuted.

[color:red]Meanwhile, Culture Minister Nipit Intarasombut swiftly ordered the removal of a painting of topless women from the the ministry website after speculation that it may have influenced the girls.[/color] :surprised:

The website featured the watercolour painting by Somphop Butrach, depicting three topless women dressed in ancient Thai garments welcoming the Thai New Year.

"Sometimes, art and obscenity overlaps," Mr Nipit said. But he said if people considered this painting to be indecent, he was worried that other artistic pictures and statues of topless women could no longer be displayed in public.

"Or maybe we have to buy bras to cover up the Nang Ngueak and Peesua Samut sculptures to prevent obscenity," he said, referring to a topless mermaid and female sea giant from the Phra Apai-manee legendary tale.

Bangkok Post

Thai dance of naked hypocrisy for all the world to see

by Pichai Chuensuksawadi,

Editor-in-Chief

I love Songkran in Bangkok. Always have and always will - except for the two previous holiday periods which were marred by protracted protests, smoke, fire, shooting that eventually led to the violence and tragic death of 91 people in May last year.

That's why, I suppose, this year's Songkran in Bangkok was particularly joyful, if not restful. Best of all was the traffic, or rather, the lack of it. It took me a mere 15 minutes to get from my home on Pattanakarn Road to a dinner appointment with friends on Sukhumvit Soi 31. If only Bangkok were half like this during the rest of the year, we would be in seventh heaven, relatively speaking of course.

Despite the supposed joyful period, each Songkran is marked by death. This year 271 Thais died and 3,476 were injured in 3,214 accidents nationwide. The toll is less than last year's but still the result is the same. Thais die despite the campaign against drinking and driving. Somehow we go through the motions with the same, predictable results. This year we also witnessed the gaps and inability of police - by their own admission - to deal with a hostage situation when a man, apparently high on drugs, staged a car-jacking in Nonthaburi which ended up tragically at the Victory Monument. A policeman and taxi driver were killed. A doctor was taken hostage and shot.

The debate over police performance will continue for a while - until the next incident.

But most striking of all incidents in this year's Songkran was one which occurred last Friday night, which did not involve any death or injury.

I am talking about the three girls who danced topless on Silom Road. On Monday, Bang Rak district director Surakiat Limcharoen filed a complaint with Yannawa police and urged that obscenity charges be filed against the three girls. He said the topless female revellers had hurt the image of Thailand and distorted Songkran culture.

Our esteemed Culture Minister Niphit Intharasombat wants action taken against the organisers. He also wants the girls fined and compelled to do "cultural work". Khun Niphit suggested that the girls be required to read books about the Songkran Festival for young students to listen to, as part of the punishment. National Police Commissioner Pol Gen Wichean Potephosree said he would act against the girls.

[color:red]Personally, I don't condone topless dancing in public, even during holiday festivities. But I cannot believe the utterings issuing from the mouths of our esteemed government officials and the knee-jerk reaction from police. This incident and subsequent hue and cry illustrates once again the hypocrisy of our society.[/color]

Although not quite the same, this is not the first time that lewd dancing has prompted controversy. How many of us remember the controversy in October 2006, when organisers of a temple fair in Nong Khai province brought in scantily dressed Coyote dancers to perform during the Buddhist Lent?

[color:red]The hypocrisy lies in the fact that we are so good at knee-jerk reactions while ignoring what we have allowed to flourish. Our cultural custodians and police don't have to go far to see how for decades we have allowed sex to become a focal point of how we are viewed and perceived internationally. And I am not talking about the go-go bars along Patpong but the sex show establishments which pepper the upper floors. Patpong may have started out as an R&R centre from the Vietnam War but we as Thais have taken it further and allowed it to flourish.[/color]

If not, how then did we allow Soi Cowboy, located in the heart of a predominantly residential area, to emerge and flourish?

We all see and know where the big massage parlours are along Ratchadaphisek and Phetchaburi roads, as well as other main thoroughfares across the city. Massage parlours aside, there are many so-called traditional massage and spas which offer special "after massage services." Just drive down Soi Sukhumvit 33 and even along the upper-class zone of Thong Lor and you will find them. These days, all these establishments not only have websites but provide catalogues of the ladies available via email.

And what about the cocktail and karaoke lounges that pepper this metropolis as well as rural urban centres? These places along Ratchadaphisek, Ekamai, Wireless and Rama IX are packed each night and weekend. It is an organised business where the clients receive weekly SMS messages promoting special shows, performances and fashion shows by sexy bikini super models and wet T-shirt competitions. There are special shows and performances for every occasion you can think of - including Songkran, Christmas, New Year, Valentine's Day and even the World Cup.

And guess what (surprise, surprise), most if not all of these establishments have police and military personnel or politicians either as protectors, backers or partners. I won't bother going into the details of the cafe business.

All that I have mentioned is not new. And I am willing to bet that many Thai men (myself included) - whether they are government officials, politicians and MPs, police, military, journalists, businessmen, office workers and ordinary employees - have been to these establishments at one time or another. Let's be honest about it. If they deny ever going there, then they are lying.

As of yesterday, police say relatives of the three teenage girls are preparing to take them to report to police.

Yannawa police chief Monchai Sriprasert said the girls are reluctant to appear in public because they are embarrassed amid the growing criticism. Pol Col Monchai yesterday also urged the girls to quickly acknowledge the obscenity charges so they may incur a light punishment and be fined not more than 500 baht.

Meanwhile, those persons who distributed the video clip of the girls on the internet should face charges, he said.

[color:red]With all the sex entertainment spots that we see day in and day out that have shaped how we are viewed internationally, what is unfolding is sheer hypocrisy, pure and simple. What authorities are doing is crucifying these girls publicly, getting them to admit to the obscenity charges so they can slap their pretty bottoms with a fine and then - as we often do - swiftly sweep the incident under the carpet. Alright, the girls made a mistake and they deserve a good talking to. I am willing to bet that now, with hindsight, they realise what they have done. They don't deserve to be shamed publicly. And if the authorities really want to be the so-called guardians of culture and righteousness, all they need to do is act - and they don't have to look or search very far. It has always been right under their noses. But I'm willing to bet that's not going to happen, either.

[/color]

Bangkok Post

I think it was the BKK post that had an expose on the terrible activities going on around Suk Soi 78...did some recon do there last night and it is totally a Thai area, with available ladies sitting in the windows of small shop houses, with many a taxi pulling up to gather a lady of their choice.

I was the ONLY farang to be seen there. If you cannot speak Thai, don't bother to make a visit.

ST was quoted at 2,000 Baht. Difficult to get a quote on LT, as they did not want to do LT, but I was getting prices of 4,000 Baht.

It appeared that ST rooms were not available.

Now these were farang prices, no attempt was made for a discount.

Many a nice looking lady, say from 18 to 30 years old.

When (if) the BTS ever opens down this way, it is a short walk from the end of the BTS to Soi 78.

...but I'm sure this area is the result of all the bad, bad farang 55555555555555555555555

Soi 78?

That is way out. Not sure if I have explored that part of town. What is the odd soi number on the other side of the street?

I am currently working on a list of National Values which are worth being protected by the National Bureau against Crime .

To get this under control I may ask for your judgement about the following proposal :

Create a section Cheat-anybody-who-comes-in-your- way Supervalue divided into

Jim-Thompson-closed-today and Grand-Palace-Closed-today and Falang-pay-triple-entrance subvalues . Plus a Nakedness-is-forbidden-unless-some-officials-make-money-out-of-it sidevalue .

We would thus assist the country to base future development on a stable and clean structure of all sorts of values .

First pragraph in the list of commercial base-values section would be the Jetski-scam.

I am further working on a rule-your-country-by-telephone-from Dubai value .

Someone has to do it

Archived