Would you?

That's a hard one. Depends on the circumstance. Two factors come to mind. How good a friend is the guy, and how does he really feel about girl? Main concideration would be how does he feel about her? If he butterflies on her while in LOS, and looks at her as just another in his stable of many, then hey, why should he care? If he looks on her as a real G/F, and has deep feelings for her, then never.

Also, if the guy is just an aquiantance (sp?), and is butterflying, don't think I'd have a problem. If not me, it's just going to be someone else shagging her tonight. I wouldn't go out of my way to tell him though, if I did take her.

You just have to look at the particular circumstances involved with each situation. In reality, I think I would just ask guy for approval, in any case. If a big issue, I'd tend to back away.

Lastly, you have to ask yourself how badly you want this girl. If you just HAVE to have her, then you have to ask yourself if it's worth losing a friend over.

Good friends are hard to come by. B/G's are not. They're about 12,000 baht a dozen. Well....maybe get discount if taking all 12 at same time smile.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this friend who had a GF for a good lentgh of his trip last year, and then it all went downhill quickly and was over mostly because of her. This year, i joked to him that if i was to see her, i'd shag her (i realize that i said that because i did not have much esteem for her, maybe treating her like what she really is, that he knew too, something like that). My friend did not say anything but sent me a real wake-up e-mail the day after, asking me how i could ever say this, that whatever the outcome, he had had feelings for her.

well, that really put my face in my own doodoo, and realized how rude i had been.Some friends may never tell you how much it hurt them, and the friendship may still be there, but not quite the same again. Thanks he was friend enough to let me know and gave me a chance to apologize. The fact is: the girl may be a tramp or not, but for some guys, and we may not always realize it, it means something to have been with someone, whoever that is.

I agree.

That's why I would ask first. In your case, just even asking got you in hot water. You can imagine if you had done the deed with her, not told him, and he found out? I don't think you would have been given the opportunity to appologize. Friendship over. In some cases, I guess it's like you trashing someone's ex. She might deserve it, but your friend also has some good things to remember her by, and will most likely be offended by your comments, even though he is standing there agreeing with everything you are saying with a smile on his face.

Probably best to just stay away from this area, unless you're really sure nobody will be upset over it. There's just to many B'G's available for this to ever need to be an issue.

How do we know this isn't a test to see who is safe to meet your girlfriends?

There are no clear cut rules for me. It depends on how close a friend and how close the friend and the girl are, of course. It also depends on how I met the girl. If the friend actually introduces us, then it would be pretty callous of me to actually go hunt her out in her home bar later. If I happen upon a girl that I know is a regular of an acquaintance, then that is not nearly as serious. If you sleep with a girl after acting on behalf of a friend (e.g. delivering a message, flowers, ...) then that is just outright depraved.

Another criteria might be whether the girl knows/remembers you being associated with the friend. If she does think of you as a friend of her regular then it's pretty weird and should probably be avoided since you would make their relationship more awkward too (how would you like it if in a bad mood your BG/GF tells you that your friend Bob has a bigger dick than you and knows how to use it!).

The final decision might come down to how I feel about the girl. As others have said, there are so many girls that choosing a regular of a friend is an unnecessary complication and could easily be seen as an intentional slight. However, if the girl is truly exceptional and/or you have what appears to be great chemistry, then your friend has no right to keep her to himself. Is it worth the risk?

In this case, I would say you definitely shouldn't go look up the girl:

1) you wouldn't know of the girl unless your acquaintance introduced you

2) you say bgGF, which implies their relationship is more than just a few sucks and fucks when he can fit her in or vice versa wink.gif

3) she probably remembers you and could screw up their relationship, whatever that is

4) this girl probably means nothing to you, you can find one just as good with a little effort

But if you did go look for her (or happened to be in her bar "by accident") and something happened, it wouldn't be a felony violation of the punter's ethics. Just a minor transgresson.

end of opinion...

For the life of me I can't see how if a girl works in a bar and makes her living selling herself how any guy, freind or whatever can claim to have sole use of the pre said body.

If she works in a bar its open season for her.

chock dee

[color:green] For the life of me I can't see how if a girl works in a bar and makes her living selling herself how any guy, freind or whatever can claim to have sole use of the pre said body.

If she works in a bar its open season for her. color=green>

Unfortunately, things are really never that simple. A lot of guys who are having a somewhat steady relationship with a B/G may think that 'she is sleeping with customer just for $$$' (and they'd be right), and so are not claiming sole use of her body for themselves. What they are after is sole use of her heart. Unable, or unwilling to buy her out of prostitution, they except what she does, thinking her real alliance is always with them. I think that when a friend enters the picture, the game takes on a different color for them. Her whoring is not such an abstract idea anymore. It brings the reality of what she is too close to home. I've seen this several times. If the guy is not having a somewhat steady relationship with her, then I agree, it's open season.

Story is a little different for long term expats, though. They are long past the delusionary stage. Probably comes down to just proper etiquette for them. Of course, there are the ones who don't give a shit who they screw, no matter what the situation. You've probably seen them.....they're the one's who don't seem to have many friends. wink.gif

I have a friend who specializes in this type of behavior.

Myself, well.......

Lets just say That I have, but only at the ladies request.

This issue has come up several times amongst my circle of friends, often with me in the center of the shitstorm.

Once, one of my friends took my current favorite from a particular venue and then wrote a 'humorous' post about it in our private E-mail group. He wrote about how she enjoyed being with a real man instead of a wimp like Ranger and how she liked taking up the ###, etc. It was meant to be high school locker room teasing, but I was anything but amused. I wasn't really mad that he took her while I wasn't there, but didn't appreciate hearing about it that way. About half the guys in the group thought I was taking things way too seriously and the other half thought this guy was an asshole for what he did.

Another time, I found out that one of my friends and I had accidentally developed the same regular girl at a bar at NEP. I had been seeing her for several months and he just discovered her recently. One night, I asked him if he was going to see her tonight. He wasn't, so I did. I was accused of "pissing on the fence post" (maybe some truth in that). The next day, I find out that my friend really, really liked this girl. I backed off and didn't see her again and let my friend have her. This one, I blame on a lack of communication. He didn't tell me that he had feelings for her until afterwards.

I recently had a friend come to Pattaya and he spent 3 weeks with the same girl (usually he is the world's biggest butterfly). I would never dream of going with this girl now, but if he had just spent his customary 1 night with her and moved on, I would consider her fair game. I would ask him first though. Once again, communication.

Some guys will say that if is girl is working, then she's fair game. Others wouldn't dream of going with a girl that their friend likes. I think it depends on how much the friend likes this girl. Obviously, I can't deem every girl I have ever screwed 'off limits' to my friends. But, I would hope they would have the courtesy to stay away from my regulars.

Ranger

Archived